PDA

View Full Version : LGA-CLT-LGA no pics

hiss srq
2007-04-28, 03:14 PM
So I am home from CLT minus my bag which just arrived on a CRJ from ORF at LGA. CLT was pretty fun. I flew down on a 737-300 monday morning ready to go. The flight was pretty good. I was not in first but I did get the first class snack on board. We landed in CLT and I waited about 45 minutes for my bag and got worried but all was well. I got on the bus to the training center and hung out with an A-330 captain for a little while till class started. Same stuff all over really for the day. We all were staying at the Ramada near the airport. The Ramada suprised me actually at how nice it was. There was a pretty good restaraunt and bar in the hotel and it was well placed. There was a strip club in the same parkinmg lot which I did not partake in but most of my classmates did.

For those of you who have never visited CLT it is a great place to see 727's and DC-8's actually. Jack Roush has 3 at CLT all of them 100's and UPS, DHL, FedEx and KHA all have them there as well along with a few 737-300 freighters and some DC-8's from ATI and UPS. I brought my camera but did not take a single shot while I was there to be honest. I flew the 190/170 sim and the Dash 8 sim while I was down there a few times as well. The 190 is quite a bird to fly. The automation to it is amazing. We took off out of LGA in the sim and flew a whitestone climb out from there. I did not pressureize the system and at 8,000 feet annunciators came on and the airplane actually pulled power automaticaly and refused to climb. There were many other features in the plane that make it quite a tech marvel to fly. The Dash was a Dash but I made gret friends with Al Peterson who runs the show for EN at CLT. The trip home was supposed to be a 550P flight but I elected to fly home earlier on a CRJ-200 via ORF. Right after check in I got a computer to FLIFO it and the ORF LGA segment CX'ed so I ended up in first on a 319 back to LGA where I found my bags to be nowhere to be found. Today they came in but that is another story. All and all a great trip as usual. I am on my way back down for 3 days at the center again in about 2 or 3 weeks.

nwafan20
2007-04-28, 04:13 PM
What are you going to CLT for? What airline?

hiss srq
2007-04-28, 04:18 PM
USAirways. Who else? I go down there for training etc etc etc......