PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Pilots???

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-04-26, 06:09 PM
I know this may seem to be a strange question, however my girlfriend is looking to speak with a commercial airline pilot, or someone knowledgable on airline marketing and trends via email, phone, etc. to answer a few questions. She is in grad school and doing a presentation on marketing in the airline industry. Everything will be confidential, as she will not use any names etc. Wondering if someone could help me out. Send me a pm if you can. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Nonstop2AUH
2007-04-26, 08:02 PM
In my experience, pilots (and anyone else in the operations end) are the least knowledgeable about marketing, which is largely done at airlines by the same sort of marketing people that do marketing at other sorts of consumer businesses (e.g. hotel chains, soft drink companies, etc.) Your gf would probably best be served by talking to a PR or marketing contact at an airline rather than a line operations employee.

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-04-26, 08:13 PM
I told her that but she wanted a personal opinion of someone hands on in the industry.

cancidas
2007-04-26, 10:06 PM
i'm a commercial pilot (read i have a commecial certififcate. ;) )

hiss srq
2007-04-27, 12:05 AM
I also have my commercial. Never used it to fly for the airlines (yet) but I am also knoladgeable in the airlines. PM me and we can talk.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-04-27, 07:11 PM
Will be interesting to see the results of these discussions, please share them with us. I suspect line employees often disagree with the direction the marketing people like to take, because what they see on the front line doesn't always match the concepts that come out of the market research. I met with some of the original marketing team at Eos, and one guy came from chain retail (software chain and then sandwich shops) and the other from FMCG and web marketing. They honestly didn't know much about the travel industry, nevermind the airline biz.