PDA

View Full Version : I Got Back From Washington D.C

N790SW
2007-04-15, 10:54 PM
Hey Guys:

DC was amazing!!! The ride was awesome and I got to see the monument along with the White House , The Aviation Museum at Dulles WHERE I DID SEE A SOUTHWEST AIRLINES 737 LANDING =]! My whole class got into the bus rides where I was calling out which planes were which and they all got into it too. Here's a list of what I saw and my reaction:

US Capitol: The views were great and it was a really nice building, The waterfall was especially nice to dip your hand in as it was 73 degrees that day.

Udvar-Hazy Center- THIS PLACE WAS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!! The AF Concorde was amazing too, as well as the FEDEX Dassault 20.

The Smithsonian Aviation Museum: This place was awesome too, It had an unfinished NW 742 =/ ( Couldn't go inside) as well as a A320 cockpit which was amazing as well!

Vietnam Wall: This was the sad part. My Col. and Ms gt who teach my ROTC class were in this particular wall and they knew quite a few names on the wall as well, the items left by loved ones was sad too. =/

Arlington Cemetery: This part almost made me cry. The tour guide mentioned that the pilot of AA 77 ( That hit the pentagon) was buried there, and since many of you know Id like to fly with a commercial airline, this just makes me think what if that was me. The Ceremony the guards did was also amazing. This however is a place I wouldn't spend more then 2 hours if you dont know anyone there.

The whole trip overall was great and interesting as well. During my trip two homeless people asked me for money lol which I thought was kinda gutsy but who knows if there really homeless or not - maybe that's just me. The whole trip and city was amazing and Id truly give Washington D.C an A+. Next time however I'd love to fly Southwest into BWI to get there instead of a bus. =]

BTW: I got a nice 1:200 scale Air Force One plane =]
Any questions or comments please ask away!

Winglets747
2007-04-16, 08:48 AM
The Smithsonian Aviation Museum: This place was awesome too, It had an unfinished NW 742 =/ ( Couldn't go inside) as well as a A320 cockpit which was amazing as well!

FYI, info about the NW 747: http://www.nasm.si.edu/americabyair/wor ... _story.cfm (http://www.nasm.si.edu/americabyair/work/747nose_story.cfm)