PDA

View Full Version : The mounds are viable again.

NIKV69
2007-04-11, 01:30 PM
Blew out of work early and checked out the mounds. The light is just about gotten to the point where its right behind you. Got some nice stuff including the AF 747. I even played a little soccer with the kids who were there.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/905683/f-gisbjfknik.jpg

PhilDernerJr
2007-04-11, 03:32 PM
Be careful with ticks if you go there, folks!

That is some good light, I must say!

Little scary to think of Nick playing with little kids, though.

SP-LPB
2007-04-11, 04:15 PM
He probably got his ass whooped. LOL

LGA777
2007-04-11, 04:19 PM
I have not visited the mounds in over a year but I want to add this comment. The last two days (Mon-Tue) the light looking East from my work location at LGA around 1600-1800 was simply amazing. They where landing on the 22's at JFK and we had a great view of the arrivals from our tower, especially when binoculars where used. I remember thinking this is probably a great time of year and time of day, thanks in part to the revised DST, to visit the mounds. BTW the traffic between say 1700-1800 had a lot of interesting subjects.

Regards

LGA777

NIKV69
2007-04-12, 05:58 AM
Be careful with ticks if you go there, folks!

Yes, just wear long pants and check yourself after you done, though with the temp in the 30s I doubt this will be a problem till June or so. :mrgreen:

He probably got his ass whooped. LOL

Kind of like what Italy did to Germany last year in the WC?

I have not visited the mounds in over a year but I want to add this comment. The last two days (Mon-Tue) the light looking East from my work location at LGA around 1600-1800 was simply amazing. They where landing on the 22's at JFK and we had a great view of the arrivals from our tower, especially when binoculars where used. I remember thinking this is probably a great time of year and time of day, thanks in part to the revised DST, to visit the mounds. BTW the traffic between say 1700-1800 had a lot of interesting subjects.

Very well said Ron. I loved how the light was there and in a month it should be perfect!

PhilDernerJr
2007-04-12, 08:37 AM
Long pants do nothing. They get IN clothes. Unless you tie up the bottoms of your pants, they easily crawl up. I've had them ont he inside of my clothing, and it'shappened to others.

It's just something that can't be ignored or avoided by wearing long pants.

T-Bird76
2007-04-12, 08:41 AM
Put on some Deep Woods off and you'll be fine.

NIKV69
2007-04-12, 09:34 AM
Long pants do nothing

Ok since another thread about the mounds here has been hijacked with the tick angle here is something I hope helps.

http://www.tickpreventionweek.org/topten/

If Phil bothered to read my reply a little further he would have seen that I also said check yourself thoroughly promptly after leaving which is the best precaution of all.

PhilDernerJr
2007-04-12, 09:52 AM
Agreed, but there's certain checking that can't be done until you get home...unless you wanna get arrested. :-p