PDA

View Full Version : Mytravel A330 @ EWR

njgtr82
2007-02-27, 02:26 PM
just came in from Manchester
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MYT6401

SengaB
2007-02-27, 03:47 PM
I just noticed it on the trackers about 2 mins ago.

Senga

njgtr82
2007-02-27, 06:01 PM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/njgtr82/mytravela330.jpg

T-Bird76
2007-02-27, 06:03 PM
Very cool to see to bad the weather is so crappy. I have to say though that is the worst backdrop of any airport I've every seen. "Welcome to NJ!, the Garden State." lolol

njgtr82
2007-02-27, 06:21 PM
lol... I was wondering why the heck are they coming here.... well I prefer the backdrop when crossing the threshold, although it definitely has more of a NY taste to it
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/njgtr82/madmax2.jpg

Mateo
2007-02-28, 12:38 AM
The background on MYT is great! I can see shipping containers from Korea, China, Japan, Denmark, and Israel - all part of the engine that drives one of the most powerful regional economies in the world.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-02-28, 04:34 AM
OK, here's why Kestrel is in town:

"MyTravel Airways UK will operate a round-the-world service on the 27 February 2007, stopping at Manchester, New York, Newark, Las Vegas, Hawaii, Kato Kinabalu, Beijing, Delhi, Dubai, Cape Town and Cairo. The tour will last 23 days and be accompanied by 29 crew. The flight will be operated by an A330-243."

Also

"MyTravel Airways A/S will operate a round-the-world service on the 18 April 2007, stopping at Stockholm, Niagara Falls, San Francisco, Hawaii, Fiji, Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, Ho Chi Minh City, Chiang Mai and Oman. The tour will last 21 days using an A330-343."

FYI MyTravel A/S is the Danish operating company under the MyTravel brand, it was formerly known as Premiair, as opposed to MyTravel UK which used to be Airtours. The whole MyTravel group is apparently being sold to Thomas Cook with, unfortunately, job cuts expected.

njgtr82
2007-02-28, 09:01 AM
OK, here's why Kestrel is in town:

"MyTravel Airways UK will operate a round-the-world service on the 27 February 2007, stopping at Manchester, New York, Newark, Las Vegas, Hawaii, Kato Kinabalu, Beijing, Delhi, Dubai, Cape Town and Cairo. The tour will last 23 days and be accompanied by 29 crew. The flight will be operated by an A330-243."

thanks for the info

727C47
2007-02-28, 01:37 PM
saw it last night,while taxiing in, wondered why it was here.

Matt Molnar
2007-02-28, 03:02 PM
The background on MYT is great! I can see shipping containers from Korea, China, Japan, Denmark, and Israel - all part of the engine that drives one of the most powerful regional economies in the world.
Agreed. Better than other sight lines at Newark that are all chemical factories and oil refineries...and the New Jersey Devil. :shock:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/Nj_devil_notgreyscale.PNG

markg
2007-02-28, 04:19 PM
just came in from Manchester
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MYT6401

Boorriinggg!!!

Sorry guys it just had to be said :wink:

For me it's seeing a Song 757. I also think it's an ugly color scheme, I much preferred the old blue and white scheme.

NcSchu
2007-02-28, 05:00 PM
It's definitely a shame about the backdrop. Especially when you see the piles and piles of containers stacked up on one another. I gotta wonder how rich someone would become to find a profitable use for them.

Matt Molnar
2007-02-28, 05:11 PM
I gotta wonder how rich someone would become to find a profitable use for them.

Errm, I think the guys who use them to ship stuff do pretty well for themselves.

FlyingColors
2007-02-28, 05:40 PM
It's definitely a shame about the backdrop. Especially when you see the piles and piles of containers stacked up on one another. I gotta wonder how rich someone would become to find a profitable use for them.

Why is that?!
I would give my....well, a lot, to shoot from that spot and get that kind of picture.

FlyingColors
2007-02-28, 05:41 PM
Very cool to see to bad the weather is so crappy. I have to say though that is the worst backdrop of any airport I've every seen. "Welcome to NJ!, the Garden State." lolol

Every castle has its mote- or toilet.
Smart-ass.

hiss srq
2007-02-28, 06:07 PM
I gotta wonder how rich someone would become to find a profitable use for them.

Errm, I think the guys who use them to ship stuff do pretty well for themselves.

I can say that containers like that bought my house. So yeah theres profit.
It is hellishly competitive though. Trust me to make money shipping them things it takes alot. I have not seen my dad in well over two weeks and I live at home.

moose135
2007-02-28, 06:19 PM
I have not seen my dad in well over two weeks and I live at home.

It's not that Ryan, he's just avoiding you :wink:

Nonstop2AUH
2007-02-28, 07:11 PM
MyTravel is an interesting sort of company, they are mainly in the 'inclusive tour charter' business that really hasn't quite caught on in the US, perhaps because we don't get as much 'holiday time' (vacation time) as the Brits.

As to the background of the pic, those inexpensive goods from China have to get here somehow; they don't all go by air. Sure, it's not pretty but that's the inner workings of global trade right there, and for the lucky MyTravel world tour passengers, it might be just the sort of Jersey scenery they expect from watching the Sopranos...

Tom_Turner
2007-02-28, 10:22 PM
Hey, its a working waterfront. And a huge one at that.

Big money and relatively good paying jobs there. New York would've done well to keep some of the shipping traffic of which upwards of 95% now goes to New Jersey.

Lot of railroad activity nearby as well of course.

Doesn't look too bad in nice light actually.

Tom