PDA

View Full Version : My co-workers are aviationally retarded...

SoPictureThis
2007-02-07, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone,

So...I work at Budget Travel Magazine as an intern to the photo editors on days of the week on which I don't have class. This morning sitting on all of our desks was the new March 2006 issue, which wont be released to newstands til March 1. It's a really nice issue, and we're all pleased, but there was a mistake published (aviation related) which I tried to inform the staff about when the article was being written...

In the "Dream Trips" article, there is a section about a trip to Morroco. The stupid writer was going on and on saying how Morocco is the most accessable Arab country in Africa (why, I don't know), mentioning that RAM flies DAILY TO WASHINGTON D.C. and JFK.

...k...WRONG!! They certainly don't fly to D.C....I'm 100% positive. I tried to make people aware of this when the article was in the developmental stages, but I guess nobody listened. It couldn't be a codeshare from IAD either, cuz theyre are no flights from IAD to Morocco...So, congratulations to me and the fools I work with; we've just published false information! Hooray! :roll:

- Josh

hiss srq
2007-02-07, 06:22 PM
Yep thats the general public for you. a 737 is a jumbo jet and a Das-8-q400 is a puddle jumper.

cancidas
2007-02-08, 02:27 AM
josh, don't worry. i work in the industry and certain people at my station are just as retarted.

hiss srq
2007-02-08, 05:05 AM
(cough) Nick (cough)

cancidas
2007-02-08, 05:28 AM
i was thinking more along the lines of chicken bone.

Matt Molnar
2007-02-08, 11:20 AM
Well, I doubt even most airline fiends like us know exactly where RAM flies, but a reporter at a travel magazine should probably double check that sort of thing. :)