PDA

View Full Version : JFK Tower Website

Speedbird1
2007-01-25, 12:19 PM
I hope that this is the proper place to post this but I'm unable to get the jfktower.com site. Is there a temporary problem or has it been shut-down suddenly? There were some helpful people on that site.

RDU-JFK
2007-01-25, 12:21 PM
Not sure but I can't access it either. Maybe they're rebuiding?

Speedbird1
2007-01-25, 12:31 PM
I just heard that it's just temporary; the domain is not suspended. They must be working on it. Thanks.

ISP Pilot
2007-06-23, 12:35 AM
Seems like the jfktower.com website is down again. Anyone have any info? I also heard from another jfk controller that Dave, the controller who ran the website no longer works there and left about a year ago. Was anyone else lucky enough to do the tower tour that he arranged about 3 years ago?

Tom_Turner
2007-06-23, 02:07 AM
I went on the tour. Didn't know Dave had left.

The folks in the tower were extremely gracious.

They had work to do in fairly cramped quarters once a fairly large tour was infringing very close into their personal space...

And again they could not have been more friendly and patient putting up with everyone.

They have a great crew working up there.

Tom

MarkLawrence
2007-06-23, 08:40 AM
I was in an email axchange with Pesach the other day - the problem is that the ISP decided to move the site to another server that did not have the correct bulletin board version. He is in the process of getting it all organized and maybe moving to a different ISP. He said it would be a week or so before it was back up and functional again.

Derf
2007-06-23, 11:27 AM
I stopped posting over there years ago when they started charging. Was nice, like it here much better!

bonanzabucks
2007-06-23, 12:53 PM
Just curious, but where is Dave now?

HPNPilot1200
2007-06-23, 09:47 PM
Seems like the jfktower.com website is down again. Anyone have any info? I also heard from another jfk controller that Dave, the controller who ran the website no longer works there and left about a year ago. Was anyone else lucky enough to do the tower tour that he arranged about 3 years ago?

I heard from Dave a few months ago. He said he had been very busy and would look into seeing if a future tour would be possible, but haven't heard from him since.

Didn't mention anything about leaving and he's still listed as an FAA employee out of JFK Tower on the FAA Employee website. From what I heard, the site downage will only be temporary.

Speedbird1
2007-06-25, 10:44 AM
The old Manager of the JFK Tower, Building 155, used to give me a private annual tour back in the 80's as a courtesy. His name is Edward Trudeau but he retired, I believe. Soon after he left, the new control tower was built and my requests for a tour were unanswered. I never went on any of Dave's tours as I foolishly thought that the JFK Picnics were actual picnics held in some park. By the time that I learned that they were tower tours, 9-11 came along.