PDA

View Full Version : Williston Park, Long Island?

RDU-JFK
2007-01-22, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately I need to attend a funeral in Williston Park tomorrow. We are leaving from midtown. Is the best way to get there to take the tunnel to the LIE and get off exit 37 (Willis Avenue)?

Also what's it like around there? Is there a LIRR station anywhere in the area?

Thanks

moose135
2007-01-22, 12:53 PM
Where are you coming from? Unless you really need to drive through Manhattan, don't! Yes, the LIE is probably the best route (depending on where you are going to...you could also take the Northern State Parkway). There is an LIRR station nearby (probably several, again depending on just where you are going to)

RDU-JFK
2007-01-22, 01:25 PM
Coming from 44th and 9th, since we need to pick someone up.

moose135
2007-01-22, 01:28 PM
Yeah, if you're already in Manhattan, the tunnel to the LIE is your best bet. Where are you going in Williston Park?

RDU-JFK
2007-01-22, 01:32 PM
Well the funeral home and my family's house are both very close to the intersection of Stratford Avenue and Hillside Avenue, I think. I've never been out there before.

moose135
2007-01-22, 01:40 PM
Your best bet would be to take the LIE to Exit 37, Roslyn Road, and go south on Roslyn Rd. to Hillside Ave (Rt 25B) Make a right turn on Hillside, Stratford Ave is just a few blocks down Hillside. You will cross the LIRR tracks (grade crossing), and Stratford should be the next block on the right. There actually is an LIRR station (East Williston) right there at the crossing on Hillside.

Art at ISP
2007-01-22, 02:01 PM
Exit 37 is Willis Avenue, not Roslyn Road. To get to Roslyn Road you have to get off at Willis Avenue, and stay on the service road a couple of miles.
Other than avoiding some traffic, Moose, how is this better than getting right on Willis?

moose135
2007-01-22, 04:01 PM
You're right, Art, Willis Ave is Exit 37, don't know what the hell I was thinking :shock:

Roslyn Road would probably be an easier ride, and the street he is looking for (Stratford Ave.) is north of Hillside, that's a tough spot to make a turn across traffic - that area of Hillside has a center median, and I'm not sure if the divider has an opening for a left turn there.

RDU-JFK
2007-01-22, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the help guys...looks like we're gonna go LIE to Exit 37 and take Willis Ave. to Hillside.