PDA

View Full Version : Twas the night before....

mirrodie
2007-01-21, 06:33 PM
A moment of thought for my friends here.

Well, I've just had my last meal of the evening after watching St. John's beat Syracuse. Now I am just relaxing after having hung some new curtains, thrown out some construction debris, painted the ceiling and primed the walls of the other bedroom.

I started keeping a journal while on my first trip to Europe 15 years ago. I find though that these days, I rarely write in it unless we're embarking or returning from some trip or some hitting some milestone. ie.
Graduations, weddings, passings, flights such as Concorde, encounters with remarkable human beings... In fact, the journal has given way to trip reports. But TRs don't catch the essence of the moment.

And what a wonderful trip the last 8.5 months have been. Another visit to Australia, a waltz north up to from Long Beach up to San Francisco, a weekend in Manhattan, and all the while, watching Highheel's belly grow while she glows.

Yet I find my feelings today completely distorted. Excitement? No. Anticipation meets anxiety, like wanting to get a wedding over with. All those days of planning cresendo to a climax. It's a weird moment. You expect the unexpected with births. Waiting for "any day now.", for that rush to the hospital, and commisurating excitement. We will not endure that same fate.

The next time I log on here, my life will have taken a completely new course heading. As I pause here for a moment, I realize I've been given a unique and rare opportunity to know when our firstborn will come. And I still can't pin the right words to describe what its like.

Is it like the night before that huge trip you've been planning? Perhaps. The night before your wedding? Ah, the last night as a bachelor is really no big deal. The night before the big game? That's it! It's the night before the big game... the one game that you've in for the rest of your life. ( Is there a DMB song for that, Futt? :wink: )

Will keep you all abreast.

PhilDernerJr
2007-01-21, 10:08 PM
Really excited for you, Mario. You and the lady have been and will be in my thoughts as you go through this great experience.

All the best, Dad!

hiss srq
2007-01-21, 10:27 PM
Your in my thoughts as well Mario. Good luck with it. I am sure this will be the greatest experince of your life. I have dibs on the baby at the next gathering!

Art at ISP
2007-01-22, 10:52 AM
JoAnn and I join in wishing you and Shosh the best with your new arrival--and we can't wait to meet the baby!

Keep us posted!

Best,
Art

jran225
2007-01-22, 11:01 AM
WOW Mario, I'm so excited and happy for you! You must be bouncing off the walls in anticipation, haha. My best wishes to both you and Shosh. Keep us posted man! :D

Greets,
-Omar S. :)

uplander
2007-01-22, 01:44 PM
Hey, that's very exciting. You're right about your life taking a new heading. Now will it be an Airbus or a Boeing?

Iberia A340-600
2007-01-23, 12:01 AM
I wish all the best to you Mario and to Shosh!

And some news for you (although it might be helpful at this time) Spirit is starting flights to SXM from FLL! You can go via LGA.

mirrodie
2007-01-24, 01:16 AM
Hey, that's very exciting. You're right about your life taking a new heading. Now will it be an Airbus or a Boeing?

Even better, a sweet smelling wonderful little boy.

More to come. :D

Iberia A340-600
2007-01-24, 08:03 AM
Congrats Mario!

moose135
2007-01-24, 11:13 AM
Even better, a sweet smelling wonderful little boy.

More to come. :D

What is this, some sort of stealth announcement?

Mazel tov! My best to you, Shosh, and the little guy!

MarkLawrence
2007-01-24, 12:54 PM
Congrats to you and the family!

hiss srq
2007-01-24, 02:35 PM
Congrats to you Mario I wish you the best in fatherhood.

Jonesbeach
2007-01-24, 03:30 PM
Congrats Mario. Best of luck with the baby.

lijk604
2007-01-30, 12:47 AM
Congrats!!! Mario, Shosh and little one