PDA

View Full Version : Movie Filming over lower Manhattan

emshighway
2007-01-17, 01:14 PM
A movie production company has been granted permission to record simulated action videos involving military aircraft flying over sections of New York City. As the filming begins, a practice Blackhawk helicopter run is expected between 11 am and 2 pm today (Wednesday, January 17th, 2007) along the Hudson River and in lower Manhattan.

You may see an increase in military aircraft over the next few days and weeks, as filming continues between the South Street Seaport and the Brooklyn Bridge.

moose135
2007-01-17, 01:25 PM
OK, let's take bets on just how many 911 calls NYPD gets over this...

Ari707
2007-01-17, 01:36 PM
I work down town ( a block from the SI ferry) I'll post if I see anything

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-01-17, 01:39 PM
Military as in Blackhawks or as in Hornets???? Any info?

emshighway
2007-01-17, 03:58 PM
The name of the movie is "I Am Legend ".

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/

There have already been two adaptations of Richard Matheson's novel. The first The Last Man On Earth (1964) starring Vincent Price and again in 1971's The Omega Man with Charlton Heston.

Can't Hollywood come up with new ideas?

USAF Pilot 07
2007-01-17, 04:20 PM
OK, let's take bets on just how many 911 calls NYPD gets over this...

Well hopefully people will see they are military planes and not freak out and call the police...

Of course, then there are those that will just call based on sound... :roll:

I mean do these people not realize that if a plane crashes into a building, calling 911 is probably the worst idea since for one, a friggin' airplane just hit a building, everyone is going to know about it, and for two, it ties up phone lines and emergency operators...

And if a plane is flying unusually low over the city, it's already way to late to stop anything if something is going to happen, or the FAA and officials probably already know about it...

SoPictureThis
2007-01-17, 11:25 PM
hah! thats right where i live now! right next to the south seaport and brooklyn bridge. hooray for movies 8)

- j