PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite airline?

nwafan20
2007-01-15, 06:24 PM
Whats your favorite airline? Please don't turn this into an airline war, just state favorite airline and if you would like, state why.

nwafan20
2007-01-15, 06:26 PM
For me it is Northwest (if you couldn't tell ;))

I have had nothing but good experiences with them, I find them always friendly, and the billion dollar terminal they built at DTW is a great bonus too!

In second place for me is Southwest.

fly.mcs
2007-01-15, 06:43 PM
DELTA! Delta was the first airline I've flown, and I have just always been very happy with their product. The employees are great, and the flight attendants are amazing. I also love the new interior and their aircraft. Too bad Song is no more, but I do see Delta implementing many aspects of Song into mainline Delta, such as in their advertisements.

heeshung
2007-01-15, 07:02 PM
I love Northwest too! Great food, no matter what class you're flying in, great service; never left me hungry or thirsty which has happened on other carriers. Ticket price is also a factor too.

Plus, although it may not be as related, I love their new paint scheme, and I love Detroit's McNamara and Tokyo's Narita.

nwafan20
2007-01-15, 07:16 PM
Yeah, NW usually has the cheapest fares out of my city, DTW (Probably because of the super hub), the Mcnamara is by far the best terminal I have been in, never been to Tokyo though. I like their new paint scheme too.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-01-15, 07:22 PM
This is an interesting topic if only because when you think about it, you realize how commoditized it's all become. I am no crusty old geezer but I am old enough to remember how much more differentiated airlines were when they competed more on service than on price. Today, the experience is so random that it's hard to pick a favorite because I've had good and bad experiences with just about every airline. When I lived in the Middle East I used to like flying local carriers like Gulf Air and Emirates, but they were small back then and you could chat with the FAs and it was all very personal; they were in the '90s like what flying TWA or Pan Am would have been in the '60s. So, back to the reality of US domestic travel in the 21st century, I would have to say United is my favorite for 2 reasons, Channel 9 and Economy Plus...But in general, I am a fan of legacy carriers because I'm interested in airline history and I like having a global network on which to redeem my miles, and the upstarts and LCCs don't offer me much in the way of either.

Iberia A340-600
2007-01-15, 07:59 PM
I'll stick to the list in saying that Continental is my favorite airline.

hiss srq
2007-01-15, 08:01 PM
USAirways for me. At least we give out snack mix where as United dosent anymore under like 760 miles

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-01-15, 09:55 PM
AirTran is my favorite, since they are the first LCC to fly to my local airport, Daytona Beach.

hiss srq
2007-01-15, 10:23 PM
try being huddled in their cattle class seats for 2.5 hours though isat down in one for 2 minutes once and thought iwould die i immediately found my way to the front and grabbed an empty window seat

Mellyrose
2007-01-15, 10:37 PM
I thought you weren't supposed to "dog" any airlines...just simply state the reasons you DO like your favorite. :roll:

hiss srq
2007-01-15, 10:44 PM
okay okay waves the white flag

Qantas_787
2007-01-16, 06:39 AM
Hi Guys,
Definetely Qantas for me, being an aussie with the national pride of our airline. A few years back and i would have said Ansett, very unfortunate they went bust, but yeah Qantas for sure, great airline , great service and voted best business class in the world by NY times.
Matt L

nwafan20
2007-01-16, 10:49 AM
Cool, looks like we have very diverse favorites on this board, it seems United is the only one that doesn't have a vote yet, but Nonstop2AUH said United was his favorite but apperently didn't vote.

uplander
2007-01-16, 01:40 PM
I voted United (for channel 9). Next it would be Cubana... the only real "non-stop" airline, that is, they fly in US airspace but don't ever stop. :wink:

maem01
2007-01-16, 01:45 PM
My vote would be Jetblue. I have flown American, United and Continental on many occasions and just have not had too good customer or flight service. Every time on Jet Blue there as been no problems at all.

SoPictureThis
2007-01-16, 01:45 PM
i chose other, cuz ANA is the BEST!!! im sorta biased cuz i worked for them....but they're the best!! :P

- J

Nonstop2AUH
2007-01-16, 06:23 PM
Ok I forgot to actually vote so I've fixed that!

NcSchu
2007-01-16, 08:24 PM
I voted for Continental. It's the main airline at EWR so I've flown it several times, and I've never had a complaint about the service. And although I'm not an economist, it does seem that CO is one of the stable legacy carriers in the US right now, so I think I'll stick with them.

Nick
2007-01-17, 11:53 AM
My vote would be Jetblue. I have flown American, United and Continental on many occasions and just have not had too good customer or flight service. Every time on Jet Blue there as been no problems at all.
Agreed.

nwafan20
2007-01-17, 04:08 PM
I voted for Continental. It's the main airline at EWR so I've flown it several times, and I've never had a complaint about the service. And although I'm not an economist, it does seem that CO is one of the stable legacy carriers in the US right now, so I think I'll stick with them.

You can add American and United to that list. NW and DL are doing better too.

PHL Approach
2007-01-17, 04:12 PM
US Airways, just look at my location... End of discussion.

This upcoming conti flight is my first non US flight.