PDA

View Full Version : United Wins The New China Route

njgtr82
2007-01-09, 02:45 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... refer=home (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=auiVwDRls6fM&refer=home)

Matt Molnar
2007-01-09, 03:45 PM
Interesting. Many factors involved, it is a somewhat symbolic decision, connecting the two capitals and all.

hiss srq
2007-01-09, 06:49 PM
I saw that coming really though I had hoped for it to be CO who won out on this one. It is intresting that these two cities are now linked because perhaps this will open up a bit more friendly business.

JZ1
2007-01-09, 07:37 PM
I was hoping CO can get it so that my travel time to China can be reduced. But too bad.

I thought CO had a pretty good chance given the large Chinese community in NYC area and the the EWR-PVG route will benefit the 2 largest business centers of the 2 countries. However, I am afraid FAA doesn't see these reasons.

Currently, the MU JFK-PVG flight has a terrible schedule as far as the people in NY areas are concerned. It leaves JFK around 1am and arrives PVG around 5am. Lacking competition, I suppose this will continue.

Too bad.

njgtr82
2007-01-09, 09:05 PM
Just one thing, the DOT made the decision, the FAA has nothing to do with it. I agree though that EWR probably would have been a better choice. IMO even AA with the stop in ORD was better then United in IAD. But a rumor at work is that Moscow or Turkey might come about now.

T-Bird76
2007-01-09, 09:41 PM
What a total waste....Not to connect New York City the largest commercial center in the nation is just plain foolish.

Tom_Turner
2007-01-09, 11:41 PM
What a total waste....Not to connect New York City the largest commercial center in the nation is just plain foolish.

Yeah, it shouldn't really work out this way that NY is cut out.

Well, someday we'll see it, because it just makes too much sense.

njgtr82
2007-01-10, 06:38 PM
then today China Eastern cut its number of flights to JFK from 4 to 2.... funny that it announced this the day after COA didn't get the rights to the route