PDA

View Full Version : Introducing...me!! MOVING to NYC in 48 hours!!!

SoPictureThis
2007-01-09, 03:49 AM
Hi everyone,

Guess what…..I’m MOVING TO NYC in 48 HOURS!! Consequently, I’d like to formally introduce myself because I feel there are many members of NYCA who are not familiar with me. So…let’s get goinNNNNN:

- I’m 20 years old and halfway through my sophomore year of college. I spent the first 1.5 years of my college career at The George Washington University (GWU) in Washington D.C. However, this past summer I had a strange epiphany in which I realized I want to take photography more seriously and decided to push myself to the next level; I applied to the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU and was accepted. In just a few days I’ll be starting my exciting experience at NYU as a photo major as 1 of 8 students accepted to my special program.

- I am an aspiring travel photographer and will soon partake in a very unique internship opportunity at Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel Magazine in addition to studying at NYU.

- Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to travel to a variety of exciting destinations, all from which I have been able to develop my portfolio. Amongst places I’ve visited are: Costa Rica, Hawaii, Japan, Iceland, Italy, Mexico, Sweden, Tahiti, and the United Kingdom.

- In addition to travel photography, I also enjoy portraiture, fashion, and…AVIATION photography!! (now, who would have guessed that?) That being said, I am probably the strangest airplane photographer out there – I ONLY shoot foreign airliners and I typically don’t take photos of planes unless the aircraft is a widebody! Even stranger…(yep, it gets worse)…I hate old aircraft!! I’m always after the newest and greatest machines out there and I don’t really enjoy shooting airplanes that are like 2384.03x older than me! (I’m expecting some hardcore criticism from you all on that one, hehe)

- I’ve worked for All Nippon Airways (ANA) at my home airport of LAX and even learned some Japanese! As a customer service agent, I checked in several hundred passengers a day for NH 005 to Narita, and got to wear a really cool suit! This was without a doubt one of the coolest summer jobs I’ve had…working up close with our B744s and B777-300ERs, and super cool famous Japanese celebs!

- Half of my family is from Spain, and half from France. I am proficient in Spanish. I am far from it in French. I’m really into Latin culture, speaking Spanish, soccer, and Latin music…but more than anything, I’m into Brasilian music (samba, bossanova, tropicalia, reggae)!! I have a strange obsession with Brasil, as anyone who walks into my room will notice upon viewing my 3ft x 5ft Brasilian flag!

- I LOVE foreigners and their food!!! I hereby cordially invite each one of you to challenge yours truly by eating more than me, anytime, anywhere! I swear, I’m like a ravenous vulture or a middle-aged obese woman in a 20 year old kid’s body…it’s kinda ridiculous. Note: offer not extended to individuals weighing over 1 metric ton.

So…..In a few days I’ll be new in New York (hah) and ready to take on a whole heap of new experiences, friendships, and….food! Just to let you all know, I am currently accepting all offers to go to YOUR favorite NYC restaurant (as long as its not ridonkulously expensive – keep in mind I’m a student, hehe) and hang out as I familiarize myself with my new home and make new friends. I really look forward to meeting those who I am unfamiliar with in the near future and I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!

Sincerely,

Josh May

mirrodie
2007-01-09, 11:32 AM
Welcome and look forwrd to meeting up! Best in 07!

hiss srq
2007-01-09, 11:43 AM
Armed with Whiffle ball bat and waiting :wink:

cancidas
2007-01-09, 12:19 PM
be hice hiss... this is NY where we welcome all outsiders. leave the bat in you trunk for the crazy southern state drivers.

SoPictureThis
2007-01-11, 12:54 AM
ok! so bags are packed and soon i'll be heading to the airport...nyc here i come!!

- J

PhilDernerJr
2007-01-11, 10:30 AM
Really excited to have you here, Josh. :)

SP-LPB
2007-01-22, 07:39 PM
Armed with Whiffle ball bat and waiting :wink:

For his(s) own beating first, which I shall carry out. LOL