PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Nick V.

PhilDernerJr
2007-01-07, 10:51 PM
I wanted to congratulate Nick on his most recent batch of Anet acceptances. Good amount of shots accepted and some good quyality stuff.

You've come a long way from only point-and-shoot shots at Kingman, Nick. Good work.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Nicholas%20A%20Vol laro&distinct_entry=true)

Tom_Turner
2007-01-07, 11:53 PM
Way to go Nick !!!! I echo Phil's words above...

And with Lauda Air, Saudi Aramco & N88ZL (for example) all captured so quickly lately, I know the beginnings of a great quality collection is well into the making!

See ya out there buddy!

Tom

NIKV69
2007-01-08, 02:16 AM
Thanks guys! I will have you know shooting at boneyards is not as easy as Mr. Derner makes it out to be. :mrgreen:

I would also like to say thanks to Josh Akbar for the nice comment left on my Emirates shot. Which if he hadn't uploaded that cockpit shot I may have had a chance at top of the day. I was though quite happy with getting one of the runner up spots. Seeing a shot of yours on the anet home page is quite a thrill and sense of accomplishment.

I need to thank a few guys like Art Brett, Mike McLaughlin, Justin Cedarholm and most recently Gary Watt who has went out of his way to help me. For someone with as much on his plate as he has with screening and such he makes time to help greenhorns like myself. Thanks to all of you.

Way to go Nick !!!! I echo Phil's words above...

And with Lauda Air, Saudi Aramco & N88ZL (for example) all captured so quickly lately, I know the beginnings of a great quality collection is well into the making!

Thanks Tom I have felt quite Senga like lately! I hope I can shoot with you soon. Your like a ghost!

PhilDernerJr
2007-01-08, 09:29 AM
I enjoyed the Aerolinas 747 2nd best next to the 707.

Glad Gary was helpful to you, Nick. He is quite a gentleman.

NIKV69
2007-01-08, 12:20 PM
I enjoyed the Aerolinas 747 2nd best next to the 707.

Surprising, my favorites are the Alitalia and UPS. They required almost no editing and look so clean. The UPS was taken at a perfect time sun wise and you can almost reach out and touch the plane.

Glad Gary was helpful to you, Nick. He is quite a gentleman

Oh is he ever, next to Justin one of the best guys. He saw my post in the forum about that blue color cast you sometime get and he helped bigtime with that and continues to always go out of his way for me. I owe him a hundred drinks and dinners when he comes to NY! :mrgreen:

mirrodie
2007-01-08, 08:25 PM
NIce going Nik!! Only got a chance to recently view them!

All the best, Mario

NIKV69
2007-01-09, 12:17 AM
NIce going Nik!! Only got a chance to recently view them!

Thanks Mario, I am also enjoying the towel very much.