PDA

View Full Version : ATA; How does it work?

fly.mcs
2007-01-05, 09:07 PM
Hey guys! I might have to go to Chicago soon, and I'm looking at fares on AA, DL, UA, and ATA. Theyre all pretty much the same, but I was a little interested in ATA. What do they offer? I've never flown them before; how does their seating work? Is it similar to Southwest and Delta Shuttle, where there are no assigned seats, and you pick whichever you want once onboard? Also, do they serve food? How are their seats? And service?

Phil, maybe you wanna answer this for me? haha. Thanks =]

T-Bird76
2007-01-05, 11:13 PM
ATA has assigned seats, snack service only. Their seats are the widest of any Domestic 737 in service. You also can select the exit row at time of booking, their Exit row gives you the most leg room. Otherwise ATA is pretty good, I've flown them a few times to DFW.

jakbar
2007-01-05, 11:23 PM
Michael, don't forget that JetBlue just began service to O'Hare from JFK, so thats another option for you.

I have flown ATA before, and its nothing to write home about. I actually found the cabin cramped, with not enough space between my seat and the seat in front of me.

Josh

T-Bird76
2007-01-06, 12:03 AM
Michael, don't forget that JetBlue just began service to O'Hare from JFK, so thats another option for you.

I have flown ATA before, and its nothing to write home about. I actually found the cabin cramped, with not enough space between my seat and the seat in front of me.

Josh

That's why I mentioned the exit row, otherwise the leg room is tight. Remember ATA is mainly a charter carrier, they pack as many in as they can.

btw B6s prices to ORD right now are under 100 bucks r/t.

Alex T
2007-01-06, 12:38 AM
I assume LGA is your preference of choice so i your a member with SWA for rapid reward u can get WN credit on ATA also. 2 pts r/t.

ATA was ok for me, i flew it MDW-DCA on the 737-800, seat did seem a bit cramped.

I didn't like their service tbhough, no coke product which is a must for me, and only pretzels, which i swore was smaller then WN's peanuts, maybe it was the lightning.....

F/A were also a different story, all gay and all hitting me as much as they could.

That was interesting...

Alex

fly.mcs
2007-01-06, 01:30 AM
Thanks guys! Appreciate it. And Josh, I forgot about jetBlue. I just checked their fares; AA, UA, and B6 all have $98.80 r/t which is very cheap. ATA was around the same, and Delta.. as much as I love them, I dunno what's up with them. $118..

Thanks again for the comments about ATA =]

cancidas
2007-01-06, 02:39 AM
i flew TZ out to PHX a few times on orders, they were very accomodating and welcoming. wasn't spectacular, but was a comfortable flight. twice it was a 738 and once the 752.

N790SW
2007-01-06, 03:24 AM
F/A were also a different story, all gay and all hitting me as much as they could.

Damm Alex gets the FA's all the time =P

Try TZ I have always personally wanted to fly on them, they seem like they offer a good product, and those leather seats look somewhat cool too, then agiain WN has them too. Give it a shot, who knows right?

Surprized Phil hasnt chimed in on all of this since hes flown on them before.

USAF Pilot 07
2007-01-06, 03:38 AM
I flew ATA from LGA-DEN about 2 years ago. It was a pretty good flight; I booked the exit row, and in general the seats were comfortable. We left LGA late, due to traffic issues, and I barely made my connection at MDW, but overall both the LGA-MDW and MDW-DEN flights were enjoyable. While there wasn't much that set them apart from other carriers, I would recommend flying them, especially if you haven't yet!

hiss srq
2007-01-06, 05:48 AM

Damm Alex gets the FA's all the time =P

Try TZ I have always personally wanted to fly on them, they seem like they offer a good product, and those leather seats look somewhat cool too, then agiain WN has them too. Give it a shot, who knows right?

Surprized Phil hasnt chimed in on all of this since hes flown on them before.

Damn it me and Tommy keep trying to clear it up to him. He needs glasses... Those were the auntomated check in kiosks