PDA

View Full Version : The XTi is MINNNEEEE!!

nwafan20
2007-01-05, 09:11 AM
Well, after being back ordered due to the Christmas rush, my Canon XTi finally came in. I love it! Such an awesome camera!

Anyone else here using the XTi? The EOS Integrated Cleaning System rocks!

pgengler
2007-01-05, 10:24 AM
I don't have one (I'm still using the original DReb), but my girlfriend got one for Christmas. I gotta say, I don't really like it that much, though I haven't used it very much so maybe some of the stuff would grow on me. My feeling is that the camera is a bit too small for my hands (though much better than the XT), and I don't really like the use of the main LCD for displaying the settings (and I'd be very curious to find out what the average # of shots to a battery charge is, since LCDs like that are typically battery-suckers).

The anti-dust stuff is a good idea; I can't speak to how well it works, but dust stops are certainly one of the more annoying 'features' of my DReb.

nwafan20
2007-01-05, 04:41 PM
I actually like the LCD displaying the settings, for me it is easier to read and has more information than a second screen can hold.

My one complaint is that it is pretty small in the hands, not horribly small, but bigger would be better here.

From what I have seen so far, the LCD does a good job of preserving battery life because whenever you are shooting it automatically shuts off. I don't have a number for you though because I haven't had the opportunity to shoot with it.