PDA

View Full Version : NY State of the State address.

mirrodie
2007-01-03, 03:14 PM
It's currently on TV in the office and though I am running around, I could have SWORN that I heard

"I will NOT raise taxes"

Sounds a bit like deja vu. Anyone following this?

RDU-JFK
2007-01-03, 03:21 PM
As someone who works in insurance I cringe what the future holds now that "our savior" is in power.

T-Bird76
2007-01-03, 03:24 PM
There's a committee NYS set up to look at reducing state taxes on the middle class. The fact is NYS is driving out allot of young people because the cost of living here is way too high. Something has to be done or the companies that are here are going to have a hard time hiring and keeping good people.

mirrodie
2007-01-03, 04:12 PM
There's a committee NYS set up to look at reducing state taxes on the middle class. The fact is NYS is driving out allot of young people because the cost of living here is way too high. Something has to be done or the companies that are here are going to have a hard time hiring and keeping good people.

Tell me about it. We lose one of your younger ladies on staff here this week :( What an asset to lose :( And why? Her family can only afford to rent here, whereas in NC, nice big house with manageable payments.

Matt Molnar
2007-01-03, 05:23 PM
Coincidentally, it was reported today that the average price of a Manhattan apartment went up to $1.14 million in 2006, with a median price of $760,000. :shock:

I think based on his "cleaning" of Wall St and the insurance business and radio "payola" a lot of Spitzer voters think he's going to reform Albany the way Giuliani and Bloomberg have reformed the city. I think they're going to be sadly disappointed. I don't want to say it can't be done, because people used to say the same thing about NYC's government. But the state government is much bigger and I think more dysfunctional. He may be more media savvy, but I don't buy Spitzer NOT being a political hack just like everyone else.

To his benefit, I don't think it would be possible for him to do any worse than his predecessor.