PDA

View Full Version : Boarding the wrong plane

PhilDernerJr
2006-12-28, 10:44 AM
Sorry if this takes it off topic, but Mel and I got onto a plane a couple weeks ago and we heard a conversation between two men two rows back:

Man 1: Excuse me, you're in my seat."

Man 2: "No, 6A. It's mine"

1: "Can I see your ticket?"

2: (hands it over)

1: "You're on the wrong plane. This one's is going to New York."

2: "OH MY GOD, I NEED TO GO TO CHICAGO!!!!"

What a dick.

T-Bird76
2006-12-28, 10:54 AM
Sorry if this takes it off topic, but Mel and I got onto a plane a couple weeks ago and we heard a conversation between two men two rows back:

Man 1: Excuse me, you're in my seat."

Man 2: "No, 6A. It's mine"

1: "Can I see your ticket?"

2: (hands it over)

1: "You're on the wrong plane. This one's is going to New York."

2: "OH MY GOD, I NEED TO GO TO CHICAGO!!!!"

What a dick.

How does something like that happen? The gate agent certainly wasn't doing their job, no way would the check in system accept the boarding pass. I can see how someone can be confused though, when I was transfering in YYZ the layout of the gate area was very confusing. I never generally ask where my plane is leaving from but in this case I had to. Silly little Canada people.

PhilDernerJr
2006-12-28, 11:33 AM
As funny as it was,it was actually sad. There were several mistakes made in the process, all of them actually security lapses.

hiss srq
2006-12-28, 02:32 PM
Thats NK for you!

Mellyrose
2006-12-28, 10:57 PM
Thats NK for you!

It was actually jetBlue.

Alex T
2006-12-28, 11:14 PM
ok the passenger wasn't even on the right airline?!

how DID that happen.

and im asking cause Mel said B6 and they dont fly to Chicago...

damn your right that is a huge security lapse

Alex

G-BOAD
2007-01-05, 11:11 PM
When i was in Oakland flying jetblue, there were some people that almost got onto our plane, but the gate agent got it, and sent them to gate 9 and not 9A(our gate). Well, i hope he got on the right plane. Reminds me of home alone 2.

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 11:12 PM
That's actually exactly what I said when it happened! "It would be funny if the other guy never showed and the guy wound up like Kevin McCallister in Home Alone 2"