PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know any good spots at LAX?

kc2aqg
2006-12-29, 02:57 PM
Hey All-

I know it's short notice (I forgot to post until now), but tomorrow I am flying through LAX on the way to HNL and we have about 6 hours between connecting flights. Delta bumped us off of the original connection, but that's neither here nor there...

Anyway, has anyone been spotting at LAX on airport grounds and are there any recommendations of good spots within the airport to grab some good shots?

Thanks!
Andy

T-Bird76
2006-12-29, 03:02 PM
This time of year Imperial Hill is the best spot all day up to about 3:45 ish. You'll need a car to get there or take a cab. However getting back might be tuff so take the cab company's phone number. Imperial Hill is located on Imperial Blvd south of the airport. Look at Google maps you can't miss it. There's a great spotting area with places to sit and you'll over look the entire Southside.

Otherwise you can grab some food at Encounters the saucer shaped landmark at LAX. Can't spot from there, windows are too tinted but you can kill sometime. You can also walk to Inn and Out Burger, spotting this time of year there isn't good because of the sun but you can grab yourself a double double go across the street to the grass and watch them come right over your head.