PDA

View Full Version : Passengers fly into a panic over mice

Midnight Mike
2006-12-15, 10:03 PM
Passengers fly into a panic over mice
Newspaper report: Screams louder than roar of engines of Saudi plane
Reuters
Updated: 6:09 a.m. AKT Dec 15, 2006
DUBAI - The screams were louder than the roar of the engines when more than 100 passengers on board a Saudi plane fought off an invasion by 80 stowaways: mice.

Al-Hayat newspaper reported on Friday that the mice escaped from the bag of a traveler on the internal Saudi Arabian Airlines flight and started falling on the heads and scurrying between the feet of panic-stricken passengers.

"An hour after it took off from Riyadh, the aircraft was at an altitude of 28,000 feet when passengers were surprised by the mice..." the paper quoted Omar al-Jarrah, an airline official as saying.

The authorities detained the owner of the bag after the aircraft landed in Tabuk, in the north west of the country, on Wednesday to investigate how he had managed to board the aircraft carrying live mice, it said.

hiss srq
2006-12-15, 10:08 PM
Now that was funny and I can care less about what anyone says....... I would die laughing on the plane

nwafan20
2006-12-16, 12:22 AM
Oh, that is great! I agree, I would be laughing as well!

Nonstop2AUH
2006-12-16, 02:21 AM
Snakes on a Plane 2: Saudi Mice

cancidas
2006-12-16, 02:44 AM
i've seen lab mice xported as cargo, even loaded then on a few flights out of LGA but why would someone have 80 of then in thier carry-on? people just get wierder and wierder by the day..

G-BOAD
2006-12-16, 11:37 AM
I would hate to be on that plane, but reading about it is kinda funny. Why does the guy need 80 mice? Reminds me of a Finnair MD-11 story i read in Airliner World.

Mateo
2006-12-18, 01:05 AM
It's all fun and games until the mice start chewing through various wires....

glennstewart
2006-12-18, 02:59 AM
Heard about this today. What a complete joke. How the heck did he manage to get mice onboard through the X-ray scans. I heard it was a backpack.

Sorry buddy, no knives.
Sorry buddy, no sharps.
No worries... you can take the 80 mice are fine.