PDA

View Full Version : Temporay Road Warrior?

lijk604
2006-12-12, 01:43 PM
Well gang, hard work has earned me some respect at the office, and what does that get me? A temporary position helping start our National Dispatch Center at Spirit of St. Louis Airport. So for the next few weeks I'll be commuting from NY-STL.
This week brings two firsts for me, 1) Flying on AAL and 2) Flying on a Mad-Dog. I leave Thursday am from LGA (they were kind enough to let me stay in NY for the company holiday party) and return Friday night. I then go back out Monday morning and return Friday night the 22nd.
Sometime next week I find out what the plans are past that point, but, if things go the way I think they will, I will not be at this years NYCA Holiday get-together. I have a day and a half to get things in order, nothing like a lot of notice! Ahhh, the life of biz-jet charters.
Oh yeah, dont know if I'll travel with the camera this week, but next week for sure!

T-Bird76
2006-12-12, 03:24 PM
John make sure you sign up for AA's Advantage program and whatever hotel reward program for the hotel you'll be staying at. STL is a horrible airport, total dump both in and out.

lijk604
2006-12-12, 05:06 PM
John make sure you sign up for AA's Advantage program and whatever hotel reward program for the hotel you'll be staying at. STL is a horrible airport, total dump both in and out.

Thanks Tommy...already part of Marriott's program, just gotta get hooked up with AA Advantage now.

hiss srq
2006-12-12, 05:21 PM
have fun out there and like Tommy said STL=dump

T-Bird76
2006-12-12, 05:43 PM

Thanks Tommy...already part of Marriott's program, just gotta get hooked up with AA Advantage now.

John are they putting you up in a Marriot? If not consider Hilton, with Hilton's program you can get both Airline miles and Hilton points for your stays. Trust me getting both points is the way to go, Hilton Honors is fantastic.

Oh say hello to Alex while your down there, give him a good kick in the ass for me. LOL

lijk604
2006-12-12, 06:27 PM
Oh say hello to Alex while your down there, give him a good kick in the ass for me. LOL

Never met the guy, that's one heck of a way to say hello. LOL!

Midnight Mike
2006-12-12, 06:29 PM
I have a day and a half to get things in order, nothing like a lot of notice! Ahhh, the life of biz-jet charters.
Oh yeah, dont know if I'll travel with the camera this week, but next week for sure!

Not bad, I was given about "2" weeks notice that my company wanted me to work in the UK for a month, my 2nd day there, they wanted to know if I could stay an additional month....

Yeah, doing a good job for the company, sometimes works against you :lol:

moose135
2006-12-12, 06:33 PM
Yeah, doing a good job for the company, sometimes works against you :lol:

You know what they say, Mike - "No good deed goes unpunished"

nwafan20
2006-12-12, 06:52 PM
Now who exactly do you work for?

T-Bird76
2006-12-12, 08:09 PM

Never met the guy, that's one heck of a way to say hello. LOL!

Its only Alex, just tell him its from me, he'll understand. LOL

lijk604
2006-12-12, 08:16 PM
Now who exactly do you work for?
JetDirect Aviation - a national biz-jet charter company. Bases in FRG (Farmingdale, NY), 40N (Chester County, PA), SUS (St Louis, MO), DAL (Dallas, TX), VNY (Van Nuys, CA). Soon to have an addition from Florida as well. Fleet is now 64 aircraft includes: Lear 31, 35, 55, 60. Cessna CJ2 & CJ3. Challenger 300, 601 & 604. Gulfstream 3, 4 & 450. Whew!

Alex T
2006-12-12, 08:16 PM
WOAH WOAH WOAH, there will be NO kicking in the ass anywhere!

STL is not a TOTAL Dump, it has significently improved big time since Tom last flew there, and Ryan is reffering to the A terminal which in itself is a dump. The intl gates are being re done and looking amazing, but closed off to the public.

A concourse is what needs major overhaul working, East Terminal is amazing too.

You will have a good flight and should be nice.

The city does well too.

What days are you out there? I will be in St. Louis a few times myself in the next few weeks.

Alex

Matt Molnar
2006-12-12, 10:04 PM
The intl gates are being re done and looking amazing, but closed off to the public.
What intl service does STL get?

Alex T
2006-12-12, 10:14 PM
The intl gates are being re done and looking amazing, but closed off to the public.

Frontier flies STL-CUN, and we get intl service from Champion Air, Ryan Intl, Funjet Vacations, USA3000, to Mexico destinations as well as some carribean thoguh they are not intl right? and AA will be flying STL-PVR for the winter(seasonal).

Alex

T-Bird76
2006-12-12, 10:33 PM

Matt you dare question the Trude??? LOLOLOLOL :wink: