PDA

View Full Version : I think..... (political thread)

PhilDernerJr
2006-12-05, 03:40 PM
....I might actually go for Obama if he comtinues to do decently in regards to popularity over the next two years.

I don't want Hillary, but I think that if enough Repubs switch, that we can stop her from getting into the White House.

Thoughts?

NIKV69
2006-12-05, 03:45 PM
Obama doesn't have the years under his belt or the experience. In a few years he could be a Presidentual hopeful but for 08' he is a little green. Hillary has no chance of winning the White House Phil don't worry.

Midnight Mike
2006-12-05, 04:23 PM
....I might actually go for Obama if he comtinues to do decently in regards to popularity over the next two years.

I don't want Hillary, but I think that if enough Repubs switch, that we can stop her from getting into the White House.

Thoughts?

Phil

Senator H. Clinton will probably not run, so, I would not worry about it.

As for Senator Obama, the guy is nowhere near Presidential material & if Obama decides to run in the DNC, people will find out about his lack of experience.

During the DNC, Clinton would eat alive Obama during a debate & so would anybody else.

T-Bird76
2006-12-05, 04:40 PM
I'm a big fan of Obama, he's a visionary with fresh ideas. I've been a fan of him for awhile now.

hiss srq
2006-12-05, 04:45 PM
Hilary is out of the picture Obama is going to get it but Rudi or Mcain will win though depending on primary results

Matt Molnar
2006-12-05, 05:20 PM
Obama has no foreign policy experience so I'm not sure anyone will take him real seriously. Why are you guys saying Hillary won't run? She's been making some serious moves indicating that she will. If she doesn't I think Gore, Kerry and Dean will be back for a showdown of losers.

T-Bird76
2006-12-05, 05:24 PM
Obama has no foreign policy experience so I'm not sure anyone will take him real seriously. Why are you guys saying Hillary won't run? She's been making some serious moves indicating that she will. If she doesn't I think Gore, Kerry and Dean will be back for a showdown of losers.

Did Clinton have foreign policy expirence? Not really and if they could this country would put him back in office if not make him King.

hiss srq
2006-12-05, 05:25 PM
She will run but she will not make it by a long shot. I can tell you that. The South and a good hunk of the Midwest will knock her out of contention in a hearbeat. I cannot wait to read the paper after she looses the primary because I do not think she will even make it to the big show and even though Obama has little to none Forign Policy experince I think that could work to benifit him actually. At least in the sense of a fresh mind would be taking a look at things in the world. Maybe it is a good thing but to be honest. Rudy has it in the bag I think. It is going to be a G.O.P. victory just slightly more moderate view portion of the party.

T-Bird76
2006-12-05, 05:31 PM
She will run but she will not make it by a long shot. I can tell you that. The South and a good hunk of the Midwest will knock her out of contention in a hearbeat. I cannot wait to read the paper after she looses the primary because I do not think she will even make it to the big show and even though Obama has little to none Forign Policy experince I think that could work to benifit him actually. At least in the sense of a fresh mind would be taking a look at things in the world. Maybe it is a good thing but to be honest. Rudy has it in the bag I think. It is going to be a G.O.P. victory just slightly more moderate view portion of the party.

Rudy has a long struggle ahead of him, remember his Catholic, Italian, and from New York. That’s not going to sit well with the religious wackos in the Midwest and south.

Mateo
2006-12-05, 07:12 PM
Hillary isn't going to win in the South or a large chunk of the Midwest anyway.

Rudy is also pro-gay rights, pro-choice, for gun control, and divorced (so was Reagan, but it still matters to some people), so don't go annointing him just yet.

The Republican calendar is also frontloaded with deep Red states. The first 2 weeks of the calendar have IA, NH, AL, AZ, AR, MO, NM, NC, ND, OK, SC, UT, WV - not a whole lot of room there for a progressive-sounding Republican. Michigan and Florida are also probably in that list, but the dates haven't been fixed yet. This goes up to February 5. In the rest of February, it's Tennessee, Louisiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and New Jersey. If Rudy can do unexpectedly well up to Feb 5, the schedule tilts slightly towards him, before Ohio and most of the Northeast votes on March 4, but a month in primary time is an eternity, and there's going to be a lot of pressure from the party bosses on both sides to have a nominee chosen as early as possible so he can start seriously raising money and establishing a national staff.

Midnight Mike
2006-12-05, 07:44 PM

Did Clinton have foreign policy expirence? Not really and if they could this country would put him back in office if not make him King.

President Clinton was a Governor, which is much different than that of a Senator. A Governor has to show leadership, where a Senator does not.

As for Gore & Dean, the two will put their names in the hat, but, that is just to keep their name in the lights, as for Senator Kerry, the Democrats are pressuring him not to run....

Midnight Mike
2006-12-05, 07:48 PM
Rudy has a long struggle ahead of him, remember his Catholic, Italian, and from New York. That’s not going to sit well with the religious wackos in the Midwest and south.

Rudy has demostrated to the Country what a fine leader he is & has been on the road for a while. The only thing that some of the Conservatives may have a problem with are Rudy's Pro-Life leanings, which can be overcome by strong leadership & some good speeches.

As for the Religious Wackos, everybody will remember Rudy running up & down the streets of New York helping everybody, that is how people remember Rudy, & I am talking about people out of New York.

Tom_Turner
2006-12-07, 05:07 AM
Hillary has no chance of winning the White House Phil don't worry.

Nick, she'll want us to refer to her as President Rodham. (only after she is elected of course...) :D

Actually, I was watching one of Clinton's finest moments the other day...see below..

3RLAKArfOe0

Like all the presidents in my lifetime, he certainly had his good points....though going forward I think Rudy and Hillary are (by far I think) more likely than the rest of the field to actually provide "leadership" - for good or ill in the eyes of the beholder - in Rudy's case, city residents should know this.. and in Hillary's, she is biding her time in the Senate; it'll be far different if she gets in than when Bill was President (or Governor) in my opinion, when political survival/staying in power to reach for the brass ring was paramount.