PDA

View Full Version : Taco Hell!

NIKV69
2006-12-05, 12:10 AM
Wow this Taco Bell thing is getting crazy. Now the Taco Bell in East Meadow has been blamed for some food poisoning. I have one within walking distance from my house. Will avoid it for awhile. Wish we had Del Taco here! We would just have to keep Phil out of it.

T-Bird76
2006-12-05, 10:16 AM
Taco Bell is nothing more then low grade dog food at best. The only time it tastes good is at 2 in the morning when you are drunk and have the munchies.

PhilDernerJr
2006-12-05, 10:47 AM
I almost ate Taco Bell yesterday at the one on Rockaway Blvd.

Food poisoning or not, it's still my fav and I'lkl still eat there. I have a digestive system of steel.

Del Taco needs to WATHC OUTS!1!!!1!!

cancidas
2006-12-05, 12:12 PM
i kinda agree with tommy, but lately since it's been along my way home i've stopped at the one on norther blvd after late nights at work. i agree that we need a del taco somewhere near here. in-and-out burger would be great too!

moose135
2006-12-05, 12:20 PM
The only time it tastes good is at 2 in the morning when you are drunk and have the munchies.

Why do I think Tommy has a lot of experience in this situation :D

T-Bird76
2006-12-05, 12:37 PM
The only time it tastes good is at 2 in the morning when you are drunk and have the munchies.

You have no idea... The Taco Bell on Ocean Ave has seen me many a time in an altered state in the wee hours.

RDU-JFK
2006-12-05, 12:42 PM
It's probably just a coincedence that 2 Taco Bells both had E-coli scares. If it was a distribution issue then more people would be ill.

Yuck!

Speaking of food poisoning, there was a case back in the late 1990s at Duke where the football team ate contaminated boxed lunches in NC, travelled to Florida State to play them in Talahassee, vomited during the game, then gave the FSU offensethe same food poisoning! (It was offense and not defense because the FSU offense had ball control nearly the entire game).

Matt Molnar
2006-12-05, 01:22 PM
I like Taco Bell, but I don't think anyone feels particularly good after eating it.

Then again, White Castle, another place you go only when you're trashed, makes you feel much, much worse.

Alex T
2006-12-05, 01:54 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":b978b]The only time it tastes good is at 2 in the morning when you are drunk and have the munchies.

You have no idea... The Taco Bell on Ocean Ave has seen me many a time in an altered state in the wee hours.[/quote:b978b]

Wee....he said Wee :P

Alex

moose135
2006-12-05, 02:18 PM

What, are we 4 years old? :wink:

PhilDernerJr
2006-12-05, 02:31 PM
White Castle can be very rough, too.

The thing is that we have no inexpensive mexican options. It's jsut one of those culinary anamolies here in New York. Another one being that they play commercials for Sonic on TV....yet there aren't any in the area.

Mellyrose
2006-12-05, 02:52 PM
SONIC? I LOVE SONIC!!!! When I lived in NC it was one of my favorite places to go. Man, I could go for a strawberry limeade and some jalepeno poppers right about now ;)

Oh, and I HATE that they advertise on TV here, I just don't get it. The closest one is in VIRGINIA! :(

T-Bird76
2006-12-05, 02:55 PM
White Castle is awsome!!!! Belly Bombs. We never did the late night White Castle thing either Taco Bell or the Dinner, cheese fries and gravy!

NIKV69
2006-12-05, 03:26 PM
Taco Bell is nothing more then low grade dog food at best

Their chop meat is very bad avoid it. If you get a chicken or steak thing tho it's not so bad and a good alternative to McDonalds.

SONIC? I LOVE SONIC!!

Sonic is good. I usually hit the one in Kingman on my way to IGM. Good burgers though they finish second to you know who.

This is a PR nightmare for Taco Bell. I hope they find the source of the E-Coli soon so this can be over. It's getting nuts.

Alex T
2006-12-05, 03:58 PM

What, are we 4 years old? :wink:

I know Tom acts it sometimes in the WEE hours at least :P ..me however I am ALWAYS mature!

*ducks from people throwing lies at me :o *

Alex

Mellyrose
2006-12-06, 03:42 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061206/ap_ ... i_outbreak (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061206/ap_on_re_us/e_coli_outbreak)

NIKV69
2006-12-06, 03:46 PM
Yikes, not the culprit we all would think but I am glad they are making progess in the investigation. I won't be eating at Taco Bell for awhile.

RDU-JFK
2006-12-06, 04:00 PM
I think my girlfriend ate at one of the suburban Philly Taco Bell's...uh oh.

Matt Molnar
2006-12-10, 10:00 PM
I don't remember ever eating anything at Taco Bell that had fresh green onions in it. WTF are they talking about?

Anyway, I ate at the one in Penn Station last night AND Thursday night and my plumbing still seems to be functioning.

NIKV69
2006-12-10, 10:43 PM
Your pretty brave Matt! I am avoiding them till this blows over. I mean the cases just keep piling up.

Matt Molnar
2006-12-10, 10:57 PM
When you think about all the vermin in even the cleanest above-ground NYC restaurants, then you consider what must be running around in a fast food joint below ground within a train station connected to tunnels used for housing and transport by some of the world's most disgusting species of mammals, insects, fungi, mold and bacteria, I figure the one at Penn is probably one of the more dangerous places in the Western world to eat on a regular day, yet I've never gotten sick. So a little e.coli...as Dubya once said, BRING EM ON. I'm reminded of George Carlin's bit about how he grew up swimming in the Hudson River when the city still dumped raw sewage into it, and he thinks that's the reason why he never gets sick.

I was also substantially inebriated and waiting for the LIRR drunk trains (1:44am and 3:52am) both nights, and the other option, KFC, is friggin gross without e.coli.