PDA

View Full Version : Allegiant to pull out of SWF

Iberia A340-600
2006-12-01, 10:37 PM
Unfortunatley Allegiant will be pulling out of SWF on January 11th.

Allegiant flew 6x weekly flights to SFB and 3x weekly flights to PIE with MD-82's.

With Air Tran and jet Blue coming into play I can't exactly blame them for leaving.

PhilDernerJr
2006-12-01, 11:32 PM
I didn't know they were even there! I've been wanting Allegiant pics for a while.

Now that I know, I'll have to get up there and snap a few before it's too late.

LGA777
2006-12-01, 11:54 PM
They seem to really go for underutilized secondary airports and this has been a very successful strategy for them. As Gordon said with the new competition I think they are wise to redeploy there still somewhat limited resources to where they have little or no competition in the market. And while I hear they have a good but very simple product choosing between a new A-320 with leather seats and Seatback TV to MCO vs and MD80 with no IFE to SFD is a no brainer for most people.

Cheers

LGA777

Iberia A340-600
2006-12-01, 11:57 PM
Flight 752 to SFB might be a good flight to catch, she departs SWF at 11:45 AM. Operations take place on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Allegiant also flies to PIE on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday however the flights depart and arrive to SWF after dark.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2006-12-04, 07:45 PM
Wow! I can't belive this! SWF has had the SFB route for years! I can't belive Allegiant Air is leaving.

Iberia A340-600
2006-12-04, 07:54 PM
Wow! I can't belive this! SWF has had the SFB route for years! I can't belive Allegiant Air is leaving.

Well on and off again that is. First Southeast had it, then Allegiant.

Some more news on SWF is that the President wants to expand the terminal to add 4 or 6 more gates.

There is also some speculation as to whether or not Southwest will be announcing SWF service soon.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2006-12-04, 08:20 PM

Some more news on SWF is that the President wants to expand the terminal to add 4 or 6 more gates.

There is also some speculation as to whether or not Southwest will be announcing SWF service soon.

I believe that Between Southeast and Allegiant, there was also Pan Am Clipper Connection and Trans Meridian.

Midnight Mike
2006-12-04, 08:24 PM
I didn't know they were even there! I've been wanting Allegiant pics for a while.

Good excuse for you & Mel to go to Vegas! :lol:

Iberia A340-600
2006-12-04, 08:26 PM

I believe that Between Southeast and Allegiant, there was also Pan Am Clipper Connection and Trans Meridian.

Forgot about Pan Am but I am pretty sure TransMeridian only flew to LAS.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2006-12-04, 08:34 PM
[quote=JetBlueAirwaysFan]Wow! I can't belive this! SWF has had the SFB route for years! I can't belive Allegiant Air is leaving.

Forgot about Pan Am but I am pretty sure TransMeridian only flew to LAS.[/quote:e78e6]
That was InterstateJet

Iberia A340-600
2006-12-04, 08:56 PM
Meaning TransMeridian flew 727s to LAS from SWF for Interstate Jet?

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2006-12-04, 09:11 PM
I believe Interstate Jet actually flew SWF-LAS for a very, very short period of time.
Transmeridian flew the B757 from SWF-SFB I believe.

Iberia A340-600
2006-12-04, 09:14 PM
I believe Interstate Jet actually flew SWF-LAS for a very, very short period of time.
Transmeridian flew the B757 from SWF-SFB I believe.

As far as I know TransMeridian flew 727-200s from SWF to LAS. The largest scheduled airliner into SWF was the 727-200.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2006-12-04, 09:47 PM
Your right! I'm sorry.

hiss srq
2006-12-04, 09:56 PM
The airline is a pretty solid company. I would take a flying job with them in a hearbeat without fear of my future. They have had a pretty good system and they have been eating up used maddogs lately like crazy. On another intresting note as far as previous low cost maddog airlines goes. Did you know that both Southeast and Jetsgo's MD's came from Korean and from my experince with both airlines they were very very plauged with MX issues. The Fokkers at Jetsgo were like swiss clocks but the MD's were always in poor shape. I think it has somthing to do with the quality of previous owners. Allegiant should be okay in any event as long as they stay away from ex Korean metal or I am just supersticious.

Speaking of T-Med they are going to be coming back to life under a new name very soon. 727's in the fleet and I think Maddog's again but no 757's this time.

Midnight Mike
2006-12-04, 11:21 PM
T Did you know that both Southeast and Jetsgo's MD's came from Korean and from my experince with both airlines they were very very plauged with MX issues. The Fokkers at Jetsgo were like swiss clocks but the MD's were always in poor shape. I think it has somthing to do with the quality of previous owners. Allegiant should be okay in any event as long as they stay away from ex Korean metal or I am just supersticious.

Speaking of T-Med they are going to be coming back to life under a new name very soon. 727's in the fleet and I think Maddog's again but no 757's this time.

The MD83's that went from KAL, were first turned into Boeing Capital, & then turned over to JetsGo, the aircraft were in good condition & were equipped with AUX tanks..... Allegiant has those aircraft now & I have not heard anything bad about them....