PDA

View Full Version : "White Cat" @ JFK + ATC chatter heard today

mirrodie
2006-12-01, 11:44 AM
I just heard "white cat, hold position...."

Is that the white 727 cargo?

Also, I just heard AF 22 heavy just check in .... sounds like a sexy french female pilot. 8) Looking for someone to confirm! :shock: :D :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mirrodie
2006-12-01, 12:01 PM
And come to think of it, have you ever held a conversation with an tower person at work? Its pretty amazing.

I often wonder if their brains are on some dual mode of processing as they weave in and out of conversation. Its pretty impressive.

Maybe autopsies should be performed on those brains post-mortem, as I am sure their neureal connections must be amazing. I know that sounds weird, but wow, those brains must hold so much information, I am sure the scientific community would learn a lot.

Air France 22 heavy just called in again.....I've never heard "22 bravo, left on juliet" sound so seductive!

cancidas
2006-12-01, 12:11 PM
they meant exit 22 at bravo intersection, then left onto juliet. and mario, we have had conversations with crews even on our frequencies at work. have heard and taken part in some on tower freqs as well. usually only happens when it's slow. in fact, check you email...

PhilDernerJr
2006-12-01, 06:07 PM
I just heard "white cat, hold position...."

Is that the white 727 cargo?

Depending on the time, I think that was the Primaris 757 that departed shortly before you posted this.

njgtr82
2006-12-01, 06:30 PM
we had a custom air transport (white 727 with CAT written on the side of it this week at Newark), maybe them?

Nonstop2AUH
2006-12-01, 07:16 PM
Primaris callsign is WHITECAP per Wikipedia (see below). Custom Air is apparently CAT...

Wait, is Custom Air Transport simply CAT or WHITECAT?

Sounds like it was the Primaris though based on the timing.

Mateo
2006-12-01, 08:48 PM
Based on purely anecdotal evidence, the greatest number of female pilots that I hear on the radio here in Washington are flying the United transatlantic 7-6s and 777s ex IAD. There are a few more (a Russian Waterski ERJ driver stands out), but it seems like they're holding some pretty good trips at UA. I've only heard a handful of women from the Europeans; Air France and Virgin come to mind.