PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day

moose135
2006-11-11, 08:27 PM
I want to pass along a Veteran's Day salute to all my fellow veterans on NYCA. You may have seen combat, served in peacetime, or stood a post in some cold, far-away place. Whatever your duty and no matter what branch, you made sacrifices so that we can enjoy the freedoms that are all too often taken for granted.

Today I had the honor of attending a Veteran's Day ceremony at the American Airpower Museum at Republic Airport. Today's ceremony honored 6 members of the Tuskegee Airmen who live here in Nassau County. About a dozen of these pioneering airmen were in attendance. These men had two fights - not only were they fighting a foreign enemy, but they were fighting prejudice, stereotypes, and ignorance. They overcame these obstacles and went on to produce a record of outstanding service. It is said that the Tuskegee airmen never lost a bomber under their protection to enemy fighters. It was an honor to meet these men and shake their hands.

So to all my fellow veterans, here at NYCA, those I've served with, those who were lost in service, let me say thanks!

Moose
John Musolino
USAF 1983-1988

PhilDernerJr
2006-11-11, 08:35 PM
Great post.

I, too, want to thank all veterans out there for their service to our nation, Moose included. It's so sad that most of our society has lost their sense of value that the military has in allowing us to be a free nation.

Thank you Vets!!

hiss srq
2006-11-11, 08:54 PM
heres to those who defend our freedoms past present and future

mirrodie
2006-11-12, 01:29 AM
Great post Moose. I only got to thank one in the office today.

THanks to all.