PDA

View Full Version : ICON International Holdings, Inc. Selects Boeing 757/767

Midnight Mike
2006-11-10, 09:04 PM
ICON International Holdings, Inc. Selects Boeing 757/767 Models
Friday November 10, 4:30 pm ET

AVENTURA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Icon International Holdings Inc. (Pink Sheets:INIH - News) announced today that it has selected the Boeing 757 and Boeing 767 for utilization in its plans for providing all premium business class travel domestic and international routes.

The B767 has crossed the Atlantic more times than any other aircraft and has the lowest operating costs of any widebody airliner. Additionally the B767s produce less pollutant emissions per pound of fuel than any comparable sized aircraft. Icon plans to acquire three B767 for use on its international service. Icon intends to reconfigure the interiors to all business class accommodations.

The Boeing 757 offers exceptional fuel efficiency, lower noise levels, and superior operating performance. Icon will utilize the 757 on all domestic and North American routes. They will be modified to accommodate an all business class interior. Icon intends to acquire three B757 during 2007.

Additionally, the choice of the Boeing 757/767 will allow Icon to monitor its crew-training expenses, since the 757 and 767 offer common pilot type ratings.

About Icon: Icon has created a high quality alternative to existing commercial airline "business class" travel. Icon will offer a premium service not found on today's commercial airlines. Icon will feature First Class Flatbed Seats, First Class Cuisine, Premium Wines and Liquors, Internet Connectivity at each seat, E-Fax, Printer and Photocopier Capabilities, Laptop PC Connections, Satellite TV, Individual Entertainment Systems at each seat, with multiple choices, on widebody aircraft.

Icon intends to begin full service between New York (JFK) and London (Gatwick) and Paris (Charles De Gaulle) and Miami (MIA) in 2007. Icon will also introduce all business class travel from Miami to New York, Toronto, and Mexico City during 2007.

mirrodie
2006-11-10, 09:33 PM
SO what are the premium trans-con airlines now?

Maxjet
EOS
Primaris and Icon? Wasnt there another?

cancidas
2006-11-11, 02:27 AM
i don't think that primaris does scheduled service. last i heard they only do charters...

PhilDernerJr
2006-11-11, 08:07 AM
Silverjet I believe is another one that is London-based airline that will fly to NY soon.

cancidas
2006-11-11, 11:26 AM
forgot about that one... the one with the white tail! ron is not loving that scheme... :P

hiss srq
2006-11-11, 06:00 PM
whos dead fingers do they plan to pry the 757's out of?

Iberia A340-600
2006-11-11, 11:56 PM
And Elysair, I believe, is the other one from Paris soon.

Nonstop2AUH
2006-11-12, 03:20 PM
The field is getting crowded, especially since Europe is hardly underserved by major global carriers that offer a respectable premium cabin service, convenient frequent schedules and all-important mileage programs. Anyone know who the financial backers of this one might be? The pink sheet stock listing does not inspire confidence, reminds me of Baltia. Eos and Maxjet at least do have legitimate financing, can't speak to the backing of any of the others.