PDA

View Full Version : requesting TSA clarification.

mirrodie
2006-11-09, 10:16 PM
Say I fly First class JFK-LAX and get an AA First class amenity Kit from the airline ( in this case, American AIrlines) but I didnt use it and its still wrapped in its original plastic.

If I stay a day in LA and return home, I can't bring in on my carry on luggage? Just clarifying for future use.

Midnight Mike
2006-11-09, 11:11 PM
Say I fly First class JFK-LAX and get an AA First class amenity Kit from the airline ( in this case, American AIrlines) but I didnt use it and its still wrapped in its original plastic.

If I stay a day in LA and return home, I can't bring in on my carry on luggage? Just clarifying for future use.

Check the TSA website, but, there not be a problem as everything in amenity kit is allowed on the aircraft......

mirrodie
2006-11-13, 04:16 PM
But lets say its not. Some of these Amenity kits toiday are high-end. I recentyl read one airlines using Bvlgari(sp?) products in their kits.

So if I get a kit and its still in the original clear plastic it came in, and I dont know whats in in but I want to use it on my return trip in coach, its OK to bring through security?

I want ot believe you but it doenst sound kosher

nwafan20
2006-11-13, 04:19 PM
I have no idea what the rule is but knowing some of the TSA Agents out there you won't be able to.

mirrodie
2006-11-13, 04:20 PM
oh and the TSA site search came up empty handed.

@ emshighway, what's the story

RDU-JFK
2006-11-13, 04:25 PM
As long as the stuff's all under 3 ounces (which I'm sure it is) you should be fine. You'd probably have to open it, take the gels out and put it in a ziploc, but TSA would probably not be convicned if its sealed in plastic.

emshighway
2006-11-13, 05:08 PM
3-1-1

3 Oz in 1 Zip Lock Type Bag, 1 per passenger.

http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm

Actually as of 11/10 it is 3.4 Oz to make it 100 mL to keep with the European restrictions.

If the items are prohibited you will be requested not to take them through the checkpoint but can checked them.

AA 777
2006-11-13, 07:24 PM
Mario..

They no longer give out amenity kits on JFK-LAX/SFO in F anymore....dont think they have in a while.