PDA

View Full Version : Old Airlines can comeback

T-Bird76
2006-10-27, 03:14 PM
Its not here in the U.S but still very exciting to see the Sabena name be brought back to life.

Sabena reborn: SN Brussels-Virgin Express merger 'set to take former Belgian flag carrier brand'
By Victoria Moores

Belgian full-service carrier SN Brussels Airlines and low-fares compatriot Virgin Express are preparing to disclose the brand name under which the airlines will jointly operate, amid strong indications that they will resurrect the name ‘Sabena’.

A senior source close to the two carriers has informed Flight that the Sabena brand – the name of the former Belgian flag-carrier, which collapsed in 2001, and from which SN Brussels emerged – is to be used for the merged airline.

SN Brussels and Virgin Express have not confirmed this plan and the companies have so far declined to comment on the name to be used for the combined carriers’ operations.

The two airlines are scheduled to hold a press briefing next month to detail their strategy.

SN Brussels Airlines previously operated as a regional division of Sabena under the name Delta Air Transport.

Alex T
2006-10-27, 03:50 PM
Boo I WANT TWA!

American, spill it! :P

Alex

moose135
2006-10-27, 09:47 PM
Boo I WANT TWA!

I wish...speaking of TWA, did anyone see Doonesbury on Wednesday?

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2006/db061025.gif

Alex T
2006-10-27, 11:07 PM
BWAHAHAHA OMG THATS GREAT!!!

Sad but true!

Alex

mirrodie
2006-11-03, 01:18 PM
is there any specualtion as to what aircraft types they are likely to use?

T-Bird76
2006-11-03, 01:31 PM
is there any specualtion as to what aircraft types they are likely to use?

SN Brussels already has Airbus products and Virgin has older 733s and 734s. This isn't a new airline. SN Brussels was formed from the now defucnct Sabena. Virgin and SN came together and now they are looking at operating under one name.