PDA

View Full Version : newark 01.10.2006.marriott hotel

alan jones
2006-10-06, 02:22 AM
Hi All.
I and my friend stayed here on sat and sun 30.09.06/01.10.06.we booked this hotel to have a hassle free spotting visit to newark.The hotel staff were very helpful and gave us the room we requested 1050.On sunday afternoon we had a knock on the door of our room and there were 3 police officers wanting to check what we were doing as we had been reported by somebody who had seen us at the windows with telescopes.
The officers were very polite and after checking us out very friendly.I had with me an old spotting permit from Orlando airport and showed this to the police and sugested that maybe the N.Y.Airports could issue something on these lines.The police agrred it was a good idea and took a photocopy of my permit and said they would forward it to the N.Y.Port Authority with a recomendation that the Authority should issue a type of spotting/photgrahpy permit.Lets hope it happens.
Regards.
Alan Jones.
Liverpool,U.K.

T-Bird76
2006-10-06, 07:25 AM
Good story but I highly doubt some on the beat Police officers will forward that to Port. Btw you don't need a permit to spot, its perfectly legal and a right protected under the First Amendment in our Bill of Rights. As long as I'm on public property which we have plenty of places to spot LGA and JFK from I can take pictures of whatever I want. Relationships with airport authorities and Police are one thing to have and to build on but being granted permission when it already legal, sorry that's total bull.

NIKV69
2006-10-06, 07:34 AM
Relationships with airport authorities and Police are one thing to have and to build on but being granted permission when it already legal, sorry that's total bull

Exactly.

alan jones
2006-10-06, 08:45 AM
Hi T-Bird.
I Totaly agree with your views that you do not need permisson for something that is legal but as a non U.S.Citizen am I also coverd by the First Admendment.I would be very gratefull for any INFO on my rights to
Photograph and planespot in the U.S.
Thanks in advance.
Alan Jones.
Liverpool,U.K.

T-Bird76
2006-10-06, 09:06 AM
Alan they're aren't rules excluding you from enjoying the same rights as we do while in the U.S as long as you follow the same laws we have to follow.

I think the point here is we need to move away from this belief and this feeling that we need some kind of permission slip saying we can enjoy our hobby. You don't need permission to go bird watching or jogging, or whatever else.

The question is do we want to give up our rights for security and safety or do we want to keep our freedoms and risk what might happen? I'd rather keep my freedom. God forbid something does happen I think I'd rather know I lived my life as a freeman rather then under some blanket of constant watch.

Mateo
2006-10-07, 12:46 AM
Constitutional rights are granted to ALL persons while in the United States, regardless of citizenship status.

alan jones
2006-10-07, 02:29 AM
Hi Guys.
Thanks for the INFO.
Regards.
Alan Jones.
Liverpool,U.K.

dlx737200
2006-10-08, 09:06 AM
Ah the stupid MCO permit. What a waste of time and pointless piece of paper. It grants permission at MCO for people to photograph/spot from the 9th floor of the parking garage at MCO, which is the biggest waste of time. Not only does that spot SUCK horribly, but, no one is even up there to check for these "permits." STUPID!

-Justin

FlyingColors
2006-10-08, 08:53 PM
The question is do we want to give up our rights for security and safety or do we want to keep our freedoms and risk what might happen? I'd rather keep my freedom. God forbid something does happen I think I'd rather know I lived my life as a freeman rather then under some blanket of constant watch.

Amen Tommy!
That would be no freedom at all.
Its worth it because others have, and we still are, all paying for it! So lets live it.