PDA

View Full Version : US Helicopter to Resume Ops at EWR

njgtr82
2006-09-26, 09:12 AM
Don't know when exactly but it will be from Manhattan. Doing some flights today for Continental employees and will be connecting to terminal c.

emshighway
2006-09-28, 01:55 AM
Don't know when exactly but it will be from Manhattan. Doing some flights today for Continental employees and will be connecting to terminal c.

JRB- Manhattan Downtown Heliport at Wall Street. US Helicopter already has flights on the half hour to JFK. EWR and LGA were the next on the list. They are trying to get going at 34 street also.

FlyingColors
2006-09-28, 01:46 PM

JRB- Manhattan Downtown Heliport at Wall Street. US Helicopter already has flights on the half hour to JFK. EWR and LGA were the next on the list. They are trying to get going at 34 street also.

Any idea on where you can find out how much for a ride?!

emshighway
2006-09-28, 02:12 PM
Any idea on where you can find out how much for a ride?

$159 one way

http://www.flyushelicopter.com/

FlyingColors
2006-09-28, 02:14 PM
Wow, thanks.
(my son is going to have to get straight A's for a ride on that!)

RDU-JFK
2006-09-29, 08:17 AM
ANyone know how US Helicopter has been doing?

Jonesbeach
2006-09-29, 11:49 AM
Judging by their frequency at JFK, I would say not that great. Some days are better than others, but I don't recall seeing a day that I would've considered busy.

Steve

PhilDernerJr
2006-09-29, 04:53 PM
I'd be very interested/excited to see them come into LGA. Anyone have any guesses on when that might be?

AA 777
2006-09-29, 07:42 PM
There are actually plans to start up LGA. It was supposed to start a decent amount of time ago so I'm not sure what the current deal is. However, I'm fairly certain that the lines and the H have been drawn. If it eventually starts it will be out of the D concourse (AA) around gate D3.

emshighway
2006-09-29, 09:10 PM
Yep, it should have started already to LGA. US Helicopter is working hard to get into 34 St. JRB is the first federalized checkpoint at a heliport. Baggage and passengers are screened at JRB and if you are connecting to an AA flight you can just get on the plane.

NcSchu
2006-09-30, 10:12 AM
According to their website, they seem to indicate that they will be going from AA Gate H1 inside EWR terminal A3. What's their reasoning for this? I would have assumed they would have either gone from Terminal B or from somewhere before security.

njgtr82
2006-09-30, 10:17 AM
I think thats wrong, they did the runs from c-3 this week to see how it works out

emshighway
2006-09-30, 10:30 AM
They are landing on the AOA side so they are past security thus the reasoning to have screening at the Heliport. Right now they only have agreements with AA as a connecting where baggage is transferred to the AA baggage system already screened.