PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada 767 aborted take off video.

FlyingColors
2006-09-24, 10:24 PM
Found it on A-net

Pardon me if its already on here somewhere.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &q=Aborted (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7832043939212729970&q=Aborted)

hiss srq
2006-09-24, 11:13 PM
Oh yeah this fellow who made the video posted it in a forum and had his hindpart ripped from here to KIX l,ol It is amusing turning onto the runway at the OUTER MARKER!?! lol

cancidas
2006-09-25, 12:00 AM
outer marker... rated pilot my ass!

mirrodie
2006-09-25, 09:18 AM
Its been on anet twice and its caused nothing but flamebait.

T-Bird76
2006-09-25, 09:30 AM
Since Mario brought up flamebait, I guess I'll stoke the fire a bit. I've been in an aborted take off and it didn't fundamentally change my life in the least. Yes it’s a bit scary and somewhat violent to say the least but not life changing. I guess to each is own but I think he was a bit over the top, he also didn't sound to "with it" either.

FlyingColors
2006-09-25, 10:28 AM
I just like the point of applying t/o thrust to reverse quickly.

Guess this guy was never in a car that had a short stop either.

Ari707
2006-09-25, 10:37 AM
I had an aborted T/O in LGA in the Rain in an AA 757 it was a pretty short stop most people bent forward then back against their seats then silence until the captain came on an expalined what had just happended. Then just taxied back fixed the plane and headed out again....

mirrodie
2006-09-25, 01:14 PM
You should have een the real flamebait. I think the just who made the video posted it on anet, hence hte flaming.

I just didnt believe it when he was calling out V speeds. Knew it was a load of crap from that point onward.

BUt it s funny, he made it sounds as dramatic and inviting as those 757 Pentagon conspiracy videos!

hiss srq
2006-09-25, 02:00 PM
yeah the guy was forty somthing calling himself an airline bra lol i bet he never posts on a net again

Matt Molnar
2006-09-25, 02:19 PM
The commentary in this guy's video is douche-a-riffic.

I had an aborted T/O in LGA in the Rain in an AA 757 it was a pretty short stop most people bent forward then back against their seats then silence until the captain came on an expalined what had just happended. Then just taxied back fixed the plane and headed out again....

I think I'd be pretty scared during an aborted takeoff at LGA given the extremely thin margin for error there and what has happened in the past.

pgengler
2006-09-25, 02:35 PM
Yeah, some (well, most, if not all) of that commentary is pretty bad; just because that guy's been a passenger a lot does not mean he has any idea of what's going on on the flight deck. The "outer marker" comment had me laughing, though, and certainly told me all I needed to know about the guy (the constant "OMG WE COULD HAVE DIED!!1!" refrain says a lot, too).

K9DEP
2006-09-25, 04:49 PM
Why does the end of the video say "Montreal" if it happened in Japan?
I've done an aborted takeoff in a Cessna, it was fun, I loved slamming on the brakes. It kinda felt like what a normal landing in a pax jet would be like. How do flaps slow down a plane when it's already on the ground?, That would have caused some lift before V1!

Art at ISP
2006-09-25, 05:16 PM
Obviously the guy lives in Montreal

K9DEP
2006-09-25, 05:18 PM
Yeah but he put a date with it so he makes it seem like it happened in Montreal

Mateo
2006-09-25, 06:43 PM
The, uh, "pilot-rated" passenger is confusing spoilers with flaps. I've been in a rejected take-off, too. It was AirTran ATL-PHL in 1999, and I'm pretty sure it was a DC-9, and not a 732 (it's my last flight where I don't have the reg noted). We were only at full throttle for 5-7 seconds, or so, when the spoilers came up, the reversers came on, and the girl next to me dug her nails into my forearm :< We went back to the gate, waited for 10-15 minutes to cool the brakes and left. The only thing out of the ordinary back on the gate was that a ramper opened one of the hold doors and closed it quickly.

It was not a life-changing experience.

lijk604
2006-09-25, 08:56 PM
This guy is a high exalted tool.