PDA

View Full Version : Best Ariline Meals Domestic and International

hiss srq
2006-09-19, 11:54 AM
What are your opinions on best meaks first and or coach that you have had broken down in Breakfast, Lunch ands Din ner on domestic and international trips etc...

Best breakfast went hands down for me on Air Jamaica between ATL and MBJ on an A-310 in coach on the way back to school. French Toast Crepes Eggs fruit and Orange Juice. Recently I had a pretty decent breakfast on CO in First as well but Air Jamaica hands down.

For lunch it would be a tossup for me though. I remeber a fantastic Chicken Salad I had once on US Air back when they were US Air up in first class back in the early to mid 90's as a kid as well on a MD-80 from LGA to TPA. Either that one or Continental in First Class domestic from IAH to TPA again in recent weeks we had a delightful shrimp salad and my favorite no matter what time of day is the screwdriver. Otherwise internationally I would say that for lunch I greatly enjoyed the chicken I had on AA from JFK to MIA in first.

Dinner hands down was on TWA in 1995 on a 747. Steak and the workings. British Airways though comes in a close second in first class with a lemon chicken dish that was awesome back in 1998 .

I am a bit of a food critic I mean airline food is airline food but I love food and eating so yeah. How about the rest of you?

T-Bird76
2006-09-19, 12:12 PM
Your subject sounds like current meals, are you talking about overall of all time?

I'd say for current airlines.

Coach meal- Goes to Midwest, its 10 bucks but you get a choice of three entrees one being a hot meal. Their food is very good and the cookies rock!

First class- Goes to American. Their first class product is very good; you get a choice of two hot meals (even on the MD80s). Portions are very good and the quality is great.

Coach snack- Goes to jetBlue, great snack basket choices, full can of soda, and their snack bar for flights over 3 hours is great. You can pig out on as many Blue Terra Chips as you want. I also like their cheese and cracker service before landing on the transcon flights.

First class snack- Toss up between most of the majors, AA, US, Delta offer similar snack basket service as jetBlue.

Past operators

Coach Meal- Has to be TWA and Eastern. All hot meals with various choices and the quality were very good.

First class- Hands down no one can even come close and if you debate me I'll simply beat you into next week goes to TWA. Royal Ambassador Class was a level of service and elegance never to be seen again. The meals were 5 star qualities, presentation was breathtaking, and the choice of wines, liquors, ports, and cheeses was something that had to be seen to be believed. Even when TWA went to Trans World First Service many of the Royal Ambassador Level of service remained. My last TWA flight was JFK-LAS with one stop service in STL and my exGF and I were the only ones in first class on a MD80. Nothing changed because of this and the spread TWA put out was something to be remembered.

hiss srq
2006-09-19, 12:14 PM
both current and overall

Ari707
2006-09-21, 12:15 PM
just flew AF coach and both ways had a hot full meal, food was great, started with a grain salad, main course of either a beef stew (french verison) cheese, pudding or yogurt, dessert, and fresh bread of course champagne or wine before the meal was served and then more wine duing and even after the meal.

Iberia A340-600
2006-09-21, 06:44 PM
Agreed on Air France. I've had the best meals with them. Lunch, breakfast, and dinner all superb in both economy and in business.

KLM is a close second on long-haul flights.

hiss srq
2006-09-21, 07:16 PM
I would say the worst for euro carriers is Alitalia might I add one I forgot and that one is I used to enjoy Songs BOB food