PDA

View Full Version : Example of how the media controls the news

Midnight Mike
2006-08-28, 03:01 PM
I was just reading this article on Katrina & they had a poll if the Nation ready for another Disaster, this after reporting for the past 2 weeks that the nation was not ready.

Couple of things in the article caught my eye.

Nobody actually realized soon enough what the scope of this thing was," said Frank Sheppard, a 63-year-old retiree in Valrico, Fla., who considers himself strongly Republican. "The day after, people were actually celebrating." "They didn't realize that the levees were deteriorating and breaking at that time," he said.

Hmmm? So, somebody that is a supporter of the President is identified as being a strong Republican Supporter.

Norma Guelker, 55, of Bay St. Louis, Miss., still lives in a FEMA trailer after Katrina flooded her home with seven feet of water. She says there's no way the government is ready.
Yet somehow, this person was not identified as being a Democrat or a Republican.

The survey, conducted one year after the devastating hurricane and with much of New Orleans still in shambles, found diminishing faith in the government's ability to deal with emergencies. It also gave President Bush poor marks for his handling of the storm's aftermath. I have no problem with this, but, where are the poll results of how the Local Government handled the crisis? There is more than just the Federal Government.....

Oh wait a minute, at the bottom of the article, they do mention something.

Others say some of the criticism of Bush has been unfair, noting there were missteps by Louisiana officials such as Democratic Gov. Kathleen Blanco and New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin as well. Still, they acknowledge their sense of security may never be the same.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060828/ap_ ... _ap_poll_4 (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060828/ap_on_re_us/katrina_ap_poll_4)

hiss srq
2006-08-28, 03:22 PM
I agree the liberals run the media and they spin it like a top