PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Threat to JFK AirTrain

Matt Molnar
2006-08-16, 04:23 PM
Just got a report of a bomb threat aboard JFK AirTrain. No further details at this time. This is probably nothing, but expect some extra insanity around the airport today. More than likely someone was running late for work and needed an excuse, so they called in a threat. :)

Nonstop2AUH
2006-08-16, 04:36 PM
DING! While the government has been obsessed with airline security, our nation's public transportation infrastructure, and especially railways, are not really any more secure than on 9/10/01

hiss srq
2006-08-16, 04:39 PM
how about malls? seriously today i was thinking about that while sitting on a US E170 talking to my freind, x-mas season kaboom and it will easily be about 200 300 lives in the food court

Nonstop2AUH
2006-08-16, 04:52 PM
Good point, anyplace where there is a large gathering of people is a potential target. Ever see "The Siege?" It was made around 1998 and highlights some frightening realities. The Israelis have all kinds of security in malls, on buses, etc and at this point I would welcome some of that here but sadly I don't think most people in Middle America get it yet.

hiss srq
2006-08-16, 05:00 PM
yeah, it will be another major event and it is scarey how easy it is i could go into a million scenarious right here i have thought about but it is all common sense. Our nation is still too complaicent and people will not get it untill they are hit personally. 9/11 was not a wakeup the twin towers in 1992 was not a wakeup. As sad as this is our nation is ignorant. We shall see.......

Matt Molnar
2006-08-16, 05:16 PM
In a free society there is little that can realistically be done to protect shopping malls and metropolitan transit systems from people willing to kill themselves.

Nonstop2AUH
2006-08-16, 05:25 PM
Any more news on the AirTrain situation? Checked NY1 and didn't see anything, hopefully false alarm.

bluejuice
2006-08-16, 05:32 PM
According to my info it was an unattended bag left at the Howard Bch station. So they suspended svc from Howard Beach to Fed circle. All other service has been unaffected