PDA

View Full Version : D70 Major Problem

cancidas
2006-08-10, 07:53 AM
needed to use my cam yesterday (yes you read that right nick.) i had to take some pix of the family for my mother as she was going to poland and planned on shooting some departures at JFK after dropping her off but after taking one pic of my new car the camera stopped shooting. all of a sudden, it just would not focus and would not shoot and the little green led on the back wouldn't stop flashing. DAMNIT! i changed the card, changed the battery and even tried taking the lenses off and putting them back on. now, the cam wont even turn on when i throw the on switch. anyone ever have any similiar problems? the cam is taking a trip to phototech today but i still want to know what im dealing with....

moose135
2006-08-10, 08:46 AM
It's a new measure by Homeland Security in response to the British terrorist plot - any cameras which are used to take photos of aircraft will be disabled by a remote signal from Karl Rove's brain :shock:

T-Bird76
2006-08-10, 09:14 AM
It's a new measure by Homeland Security in response to the British terrorist plot - any cameras which are used to take photos of aircraft will be disabled by a remote signal from Karl Rove's brain :shock:

Karl Rove has a brain?

mikephotos
2006-08-10, 11:00 AM
Search Google for D70 & GLOD (Green Light of Death). Seems some D70's have/had problems. Luckily, I never had any problems with my D70.

Mike

cancidas
2006-08-10, 02:07 PM
well found out what it was:

according to nikon: select electronic components in a limited number of D70 cameras may, in some instances, fail affecting camera performacen and/ or operability.

meaning something broke and it locked out my cam. no worries, there is free service available from nikon for this, regardless of warranty. already sent mine out to them. nice touch is that out of all this im getting a free firmware upgrade to a D70S.