PDA

View Full Version : August 7th's JBU1731

pgengler
2006-08-07, 01:21 PM
I'm listening to the stream of the Kennedy tower at work right now, and it looks like JetBlue 1731 (KJFK-TXKF) got up in the air, out a not-insignificant distance (from FlightAware, it looks like they got south of NJ and east) and then turned around and came back. Emergency vehicles went out to meet it (as a precaution, they don't seem needed) and the pilot mentioned that he wanted to check the outside of the plane.

Pilot just told the tower everything looks alright, and they want to taxi back to the gate. Anyone have any idea what happened?

LGA777
2006-08-07, 03:07 PM
For anyone like me who did not know where RXKF is it is BDA or Bermuda and the aircraft is an EMB-190 !

Cheers

LGA777

pgengler
2006-08-07, 03:08 PM
For anyone like me who did not know where RXKF is it is BDA or Bermuda and the aircraft is an EMB-190 !

Cheers

LGA777

Sorry, I just copied some of the stuff straight from the FA page, and neglected to mention the type (which I even thought about, but didn't do anyway, go figure).

hiss srq
2006-08-07, 03:10 PM
Probably just a flase sensor, I have talked to many people at JetBlue and they said that they have quite a bit of issues technically speaking. Everything from the towbar head design to the flight computers are having a problem right now. I hope they get it together with the 190 soon she is a great plane.

RDU-JFK
2006-08-07, 04:13 PM
Boy is that a great plane. I flew US Airways Express (Republic) from RDU to PHL. Spacious cabin and overhead bins, and what a great takeoff...100 times better than the ERJ-145!

hiss srq
2006-08-07, 05:05 PM
amen, i hear that the bins are the in need of improvement as per my bud whop is a B6 rampr at TPA but I would love to fly that thing. SIGN ME UP!

Art at ISP
2006-08-07, 06:15 PM
TXKF is indeed Kindley Field in Bermuda, Ron.

Hope all is well.

Best regards,
Art

h2opunk1822
2006-08-07, 06:21 PM
i have to agree that the 190 is a great plane.. for the customers... as for us.. the ramp people who work on them daily.. its a nightmare.. you have to be on your back to pack them.. and with only 1 door... the ventelaton and trying to pack when you have 60-80lb back and no room to manuever is harsh.. plus they have these stupid metal cages covering the lighs and sensors that atleast 1-2ce a week we have someone going to medport cause of a head injury... they actualyl gave out hard hats calling them 190 hats.. nice plane.. but a pain to work on!