PDA

View Full Version : New/Changed United Routes

AndrewM
2006-07-31, 02:45 PM
I was just talking to a friend who works for UA at IAD. Maybe this is all old info, (I've been out of the loop for the last few weeks) so if so just ignore, sorry.
He told me UA is moving their JFK-NRT flight to IAD and that UA will start a non stop from IAD to Kuwait City in the fall. Now the move to IAD for the Tokyo flight doesn't make sense to me, because ANA already does that. When I asked him where he was getting his info from, he told me in was in the station newsletter or annoucements this past week...

T-Bird76
2006-07-31, 02:50 PM
Yeah this was released by UAL last week, discussed a bit in the news forum already. Makes sense from UAL's point, they have a hub at IAD and certainly can fill the seats better from there. To bad about LHR though.

AndrewM
2006-07-31, 02:54 PM
well now you've gone and made me feel like a dumbass, thanks a lot tommy...all special with your "knowing things and all" and your "hey andrew your info is old and lacks any news value"....grblgr#@$% ;-)

P.S. Sounds like everyone had a great time at the picnic yesterday. wish I could have been there.

T-Bird76
2006-07-31, 03:22 PM
Well atleast I was nice about it. I could have just came out and said "Yo you stupid **** this is ****ing old news, what besides the time change is news hours old to!" LOLOL

Alex T
2006-07-31, 03:55 PM
Well atleast I was nice about it. I could have just came out and said "Yo you stupid **** this is ****ing old news, what besides the time change is news hours old to!" LOLOL

Which is what he says to me ALL the time, so really you got the nice version of Tom :shock:

AndrewM
2006-07-31, 04:16 PM
lol, I guess I got off easy, although after what Tommy made me do to him in Vegas I mean with him- i mean- uh.... damn it...forget everything I just said :lol:

T-Bird76
2006-07-31, 04:19 PM
lol, I guess I got off easy, although after what Tommy made me do to him in Vegas I mean with him- i mean- uh.... damn it...forget everything I just said :lol:

Hey listen it was your freaking idea about using the dice from the craps table! You had to go and open your mouth. Now Phil will want in on our thing. Man nothing is special anymore.

whakojacko
2006-08-01, 01:21 AM
IAD-KWI was old news recently, it was lose JFK-NRT/LHR, gain SFO-TPE, IAD-NRT, 3x Weekly extra SFO-HKG. Good news for me, but im a UA FF form SFO so of course it is

Nonstop2AUH
2006-08-01, 03:11 AM
Too bad to see UA downsize here, they had won me over with the cockpit audio and economy plus but I guess it makes economic sense. I do wonder how premium Star Alliance pax, especially BMI's in the UK, are going to take being routed through I guess Frankfurt to get between London and NY....

RDU-JFK
2006-08-01, 09:16 AM
This is kind of off topic, but starting in the fall, United's p.s. to LAX and SFO from JFK will now require passengers to pay for meals if they wish (in economy).

Ari707
2006-08-01, 12:34 PM
if DL is buying UA London rights from JFk why are they going to GTW vs LHR?

Iberia A340-600
2006-08-01, 01:12 PM
if DL is buying UA London rights from JFk why are they going to GTW vs LHR?

Because Delta already operates out of LGW?

RDU-JFK
2006-08-01, 03:27 PM
Delta would love to get into LHR, but Heathrow can only be served by AA and UA thanks to Bermuda II.