PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Sheehan Buys Property in Crawford

Midnight Mike
2006-07-27, 09:45 PM
Cindy Sheehan Buys Property in Crawford
CRAWFORD, Texas — War protester Cindy Sheehan has purchased a 5-acre plot in Crawford with some of the insurance money she received after her son was killed in Iraq.

The group she helps lead, Gold Star Families for Peace, says on its Web site that it will return next month to protest the war in Iraq in the small town near Waco where President Bush has a ranch. Like last year, Sheehan, whose son Casey was killed in Iraq in 2004, will again demand to meet with the president.

"We decided to buy property in Crawford to use until George's resignation or impeachment, which we all hope is soon for the sake of the world," Sheehan said in a newsletter set to be sent to supporters Thursday. "I can't think of a better way to use Casey's insurance money than for peace, and I am sure that Casey approves."

Her anti-war gathering in Crawford is scheduled for Aug. 16 through Sept. 2. But Bush is scheduled to be at his ranch mainly during the first two weeks of August.

Sheehan, from California, reinvigorated the anti-war movement last summer with her peace vigil, which started in ditches off the road to Bush's ranch. As it grew, the group also set up its protests on a private, 1-acre lot closer to the ranch.

hiss srq
2006-07-27, 11:35 PM
I am really getting tired of this hippy chick, she got on my last nerve with her publicity stunting she is pulling. Reality is reality she is not going to change anything this war is here to stay for some time and her son VOLUNTEERED for it. He went in knowing the chances of war and getting killed there were high. The magic word here is ACCOUNTABILITY!

dlx737200
2006-07-31, 11:24 AM
"We decided to buy property in Crawford to use until George's resignation or impeachment, which we all hope is soon for the sake of the world," Sheehan said in a newsletter set to be sent to supporters Thursday.

HAHA... I agree 100% :D