PDA

View Full Version : USAirways customer "service"

Mellyrose
2006-07-13, 04:46 PM
As I type this, I sit on hold...hearing the looping "US Airways music" for the 17 millionth time. I've been able to place the call on hold and answer other calls and come back to the same stupid music.

I called the reservations line over 20 minutes ago. I haven't gotten so much as a "we appreciate your patience, please continue to hold, etc."

I feel like I've fallen into a black hole. They're never going to answer my call. :cry:

No offense to USAir...but, you know.

T-Bird76
2006-07-13, 04:48 PM
Most airlines have cut back big time on their call centers, many around the country has shut down all together. The airlines want and are forcing people to use the web. While I like US their new website is less then user friendly. Keep holding Mel.......!

Mellyrose
2006-07-13, 04:49 PM
Update....someone finally answered and told me that I have to call the reservations line! When I told him I just HAD, he told me that I needed a different extension, when I had never even received that option.

So, he transfers me to the appropriate line...and then I hear the music again...and after another 5 minutes:

"CLICK"

I was disconnected. I am not happy right now.

Alex T
2006-07-13, 05:26 PM
ahh its good to call southwest airlines and get a live person everytime!:)

yes phil im kissing WN's APU ;)

Alex

Mellyrose
2006-07-13, 05:30 PM
yes phil im kissing WN's APU :wink:

Well Alex, at least you're getting SOME action! :shock:

LGA777
2006-07-13, 06:17 PM
Hi Mel. just read your post and sorry to hear about your frustration. Curious, I called myself and someone answered on the the third ring. If you need any simple info feel free to pm me !

Cheers

LGA777

Alex T
2006-07-13, 06:26 PM
yes phil im kissing WN's APU :wink:

Well Alex, at least you're getting SOME action! :shock:

BWAHAHAHA.

I seriously, absolutely have NO COMMENT on that :shock:

Just don't ask Tom, he doesn't know what I am talking about :lol:

USAF Pilot 07
2006-07-13, 07:02 PM
I find that when I call the airlines, I get a reply more quickly when I select the option "make new reservation". Even if all I want to do is change a seat or something, I still select "Make new reservation". This is just speculation on my part, but I think if you press the other options (indicating that you already have a ticket), the airline realizes this, and because they already have your money, places the importance of your call behind those who are trying to book tickets...

My biggest gripe calling airlines is getting connected to the call centers in India. Noting against Indian people or anything, but many time they just can't understand what I'm trying to ask of them... They're fine for when I need to get from DEN to SAN (for example) because both of those cities are 1 airport cities. But to and from NYC, many airlines lump LGA and JFK into a category and EWR into another one, and many of the reservation agents, don't seem to understand that you can fly into EWR and then fly out of LGA or JFK. I also try to get military fares whenever possible (as they are usually cheaper than the regular fares) or try to mix and match, and many don't understand how to do it. Also, I try to use different connection cities when looking for cheap fares or look to override the minumum allowable connection time, and most don't understand me when I ask for that. (this was shown to me by a GREAT Delta agent last thanksgiving (a sweet sounding southern gal) who spent almost 30 minutes on the phone with me trying to route me around to get a cheap fare, and ended up being able to override the minumum connection time in CVG, to a connection time of like 30 minutes)....

Oh, and I also hate when you call the airlines and they want you to spend 10 minutes with that automated voice telling them your departure city, time, date etc.. etc...
I find that at most airlines if you keep pressing "0" you can override that and go directly to an agent...

Mellyrose
2006-07-13, 08:52 PM
Oh, and I also hate when you call the airlines and they want you to spend 10 minutes with that automated voice telling them your departure city, time, date etc.. etc...
I find that at most airlines if you keep pressing "0" you can override that and go directly to an agent...

ME TOO. That's actually exactly what I did to try and avoid talking to my "automated agent."

"Hi!!!! I'm JULIE!!! I'll be your agent today!!! Did I hear you correctly, you want to cancel a reservation?!!!"

NO, you did NOT hear me correctly "julie."

Though, even some "real agents" are totally incompetent, too.

P.S. Thanks for the offer Ron...much appreciated. For the record, until a year ago, I had exclusively flown USAirways and nothing else (I am from Philly, after all.) I've never had any issues with their service on flights. I just have an issue with call centers.

cancidas
2006-07-13, 10:38 PM
sorry to hear that mel.. really wish there was something that i could do.

i think that customer service in general went the way of common sense and is now a distant memory. i've had my share of troubles with companies such as ironclad and even blackhawk. sad, yes. now, back to us air. if there is any way i can help you out let me know...

RDU-JFK
2006-07-17, 04:34 PM
Talk about Hell...I had a travel voucher for $100 on US (it was on America West paper, even though I got it for being bumped on a US flight). Anyways, the only place you can redeem them in NYC is LGA or EWR. So I go to LGA, and I'm told that "blackout dates" apply. However, the back of the voucher said that you can use this on ANY America West Ticket. The agents say that their computers have blackout dates, but I explained to them that the terms and conditions on the voucher do not specify blackout dates. After 35 minutes of arguing they finally caved, thanks to a supervisor who got back from lunch.

Oh, and btw...US's webpage sucks!!!!

JRadier
2006-07-17, 08:34 PM
Let's hope this isn't a sign for their service on board, as I'll be flying them on Wednesday.

markg
2006-07-18, 01:00 PM
Hey Mel,

Welcome to my world, especially on a bad weather day, the airlines are hell to get through to. We even have special access numbers and still have to wait forever.

CO do at least tell you how long the wait time is on busy days.

If you ever need to book a flight you can always email me and I will take care of it on a weekday for you.