PDA

View Full Version : TWA Flight 800

N790SW
2006-07-04, 04:11 PM
It will almost be 10 years to the day that TWA flight 800 exploded and killed 230 passengers and crew. There have been many stories throughout the years about both the pax and crew of the flight- So this thread is to share that- and also other experiences relating to the crash. I do remeber that day verry well although i was 7 at the time. I remeber that night seing and airplane in the air with its lights flashing and sayin to myself- how cool an airplane- well little did i know that when i went inside that night i saw on channel 7 that a TWA Boeing 747 had crashed after takeoff from JFK - i remeber watching the coverage and for some reason i remeber a mother of one of the kids onboard holding his picture and crying and saying how much he loved basketball and the chicago bulls. I also remeber seein erie images of sneakers and other debris- rumors also had it at the time that someone saw an arm in the ocean =(. The next day in the same path that plane was traveling there was a rainbow and i remeber my mom clearly telling me that that was a sign that everyone on the plane is ok and that they are in heaven now. Well RIP to those on Flight 800 you will all never be forgotton. I would also like to say that for some strange reason this crash inspired me to be a pilot and well i wanted to fly TWA 747s unfortantly me flying TWA 747s will never happen :( one agian RIP to the pax and I offer my 10 years of sorry to the victims of that horrible crash.

PhilDernerJr
2006-07-04, 10:23 PM
I was speaking with someone yesterday who knew an inspector who claims to have inspected that aircraft a week before the accident and found nothing wrong with it....not to instigate conspiracy debate. :-p

It was indeed a very sad incident. I, too, remember that night and how eerie is was. :(

USAF Pilot 07
2006-07-04, 10:35 PM
There is a really good fictional book out about TWA800 and an ex-FBI detective who makes it his personal mission to find out what happened to the plane and all. It goes through his whole investigation and the ends with a "twist"!
I think it was called "Night Flight" or something, but I don't remember exactly. It was one of the bestsellers at the airport about a year back...

TWA800 is probably the most interesting and intriguing plane crash in history. I mean, here we have a multi-million dollar jumbo jet suddenly explode relatively close to the coast and the majority of the plane recovered, yet we are left with no real solid explanation or evidence to prove what caused it's demise. Instead all we're really left with is an explanation given by the government (which seems reasonable) along with hundreds of different people having different accounts of what they saw that night.

Alex T
2006-07-05, 11:30 PM
There is a really good fictional book out about TWA800 and an ex-FBI detective who makes it his personal mission to find out what happened to the plane and all. It goes through his whole investigation and the ends with a "twist"!
I think it was called "Night Flight" or something, but I don't remember exactly. It was one of the bestsellers at the airport about a year back...

TWA800 is probably the most interesting and intriguing plane crash in history. I mean, here we have a multi-million dollar jumbo jet suddenly explode relatively close to the coast and the majority of the plane recovered, yet we are left with no real solid explanation or evidence to prove what caused it's demise. Instead all we're really left with is an explanation given by the government (which seems reasonable) along with hundreds of different people having different accounts of what they saw that night.

I have that book, and indeed it was one of the best thrillers I have ever read involving TWA 800. The twist at the end is amazing and SO surprising, i fisnihed the book and said "thats f---cked up."

Alex

USAF Pilot 07
2006-07-06, 12:13 AM
I have that book, and indeed it was one of the best thrillers I have ever read involving TWA 800. The twist at the end is amazing and SO surprising, i fisnihed the book and said "thats f---cked up."

Alex

Yea that's what I thought too... When I saw them mention the WTC I just thought about now how it isn't around anymore and thought it somewhat "ironic", and only after the ending of the book was I like "wow, that's really something"....

PhilDernerJr
2006-07-06, 06:50 AM
[quote="Alex T":7f7ba]

Alex

Yea that's what I thought too... When I saw them mention the WTC I just thought about now how it isn't around anymore and thought it somewhat "ironic", and only after the ending of the book was I like "wow, that's really something"....[/quote:7f7ba]

Thanks for ****ing up the book for the rest of us. Ass.

USAF Pilot 07
2006-07-06, 06:22 PM
Thanks for ****ing up the book for the rest of us. Ass.

Haha, I didn't **** it up for you all... There's still a twist at the end that I didn't reveal...