PDA

View Full Version : White Plains

Mateo
2006-06-14, 08:59 PM
I'm considering a trip this Saturday to HPN to catch what's hopefully a monster load of biz in for the US Open. Any tips on good spots, places that are certain no-gos, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Also, on a scale from 1 to Newark, what's the security situation like, both on the perimeter and in the terminal.

PhilDernerJr
2006-06-14, 09:05 PM
"1 to Newark". That's hysterical!! hahaha

Westchester actually has an observation deck on the third floor of their terminal. Not too great for photography with square fencing that's there, but nice to watch.

PHL Approach
2006-06-15, 12:30 AM
Yea, those square Asian prison bars pissed me off!

TJK
2012-08-03, 03:08 PM
Any updates on White plains, ie: good places to watch from?
I spend a good bit of time in Westchester of late, so I've thought a trip over there might be in the offing, even if just to get some Airtrans before they're all gone.

gonzalu
2012-08-03, 05:41 PM
Westchester County Police seem to think of HPN as a Dunkin Doughnuts... the place is usually crawling with them so be careful where you stop. Most places around the airport are NO STOPPING..

So, best bets would be Pepsico Headquarters and / or SUNY Purchase ... not sure of any other "safe" spots other than the observation deck. BTW, the fencing is actually BOMB PROOF heavy gauge steel mesh, not chainlink!!

JZ
2012-08-03, 08:55 PM
Go to the cell phone lot at the north side of the airport. You can park there and walk all the way to the end of the empty parking lot and you are near the final approach of RWY 16. The only problem is there is no shades to hide from the sun.

TJK
2012-08-04, 04:23 AM
Thanks, gents!

Lol at Westchester police treating it like a dunkin donuts. That hit me right.