PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angel Flight

mirrodie
2006-06-12, 11:52 AM
Have a look at what we are missing. Hard to believe but it takes alot of work just to be a passenger on this bird.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/index/blueangels.html

JennyPie
2006-10-30, 04:04 PM
link doesn't work.....but all i know is that to be a passenger in the #7 jet, you have to be someone well known.....i met this guy named Deo who is the Crew Chief of the blues, and he rides in the back of the 7 jet to and from shoes....he said that Kelly Clarkson rode in there no too long ago (he told me this in may) and she got "sick" all over his stuff......now THATS attractive.

moose135
2006-10-30, 04:24 PM
They often use #7 for media flights when they come into town, as part of their promotional program (after all, the main reason they have these teams are as recruitment tools). I was talking with a reporter friend over on the Editorial side of the house, and he was supposed to get a ride with the Blues when they were here for the Jones Beach show, but back problems forced him to cancel. (I was pissed he didn't think to ask me to fill in for him :D )

If you're not used to it, it's not hard to get airsick in one of these jets. Put a helmet & oxygen mask on, strap in tight, do some yanking & banking & pulling Gs. When it's all over, you're heading for home, and you start to think about it, that's when you usually lose your lunch (not that it ever happened to me. :wink: )

JennyPie
2006-10-30, 04:45 PM
I have some hot photos from the airshow because I was able to get really up close and personal with those gorgeous babes, and of course Fat Albert. I'll post them some other time...