PDA

View Full Version : Southwest earns back a client

mirrodie
2006-05-11, 11:13 AM
remember back about Valentines' day, Tom told us about an offer on Southwest, out of Islip, fly once and get an award ticket?

well, most of you recall that the offer was not worded clearly. But most all of you benefited from the offer.

But...
Shoshana and I couldnt b/c the way the offer was worded. no matter what we tried, they said we could not participate.

So I wrote WN and in a well written letter, I called them on the terms of the offer and threw in some well scribed rhetoric about Herb Kelleher.

Wouldnt you know it but WN customer service called us up a week ago and actually they extended the offer to me! How great is that? Just got it in the mail. Southwest did right by us, good on them.

the pen is truly mightier than the sword.

Mellyrose
2006-05-11, 11:25 AM

bahahahaha the penis truly mightier than the sword! ahahahahahaha

<---SO immature!

Alex T
2006-05-11, 12:22 PM
One of the many reasons Southwest is succesful today. I would be very shocked to see another airline do this, especially a Legacy Carrier.

I am glad SWA continued on their great customer service and extended the offer to you and your wife. Hope you had a great time on SWA.

Alex

T-Bird76
2006-05-11, 12:27 PM
Well I'm happy to see you got your credit Mario. Letters and phone calls do work. If your civil and present your position logically more often then not a company will help you out.

Alex I wouldn't generalize that a legacy wouldn't help out. When I went to Alaska last year AA wouldn't let me use my miles but after going up the chain a bit they finally allowed me to and the person was very helpful. Its all about how you approach the issue.

Alex T
2006-05-11, 12:30 PM
Alex I wouldn't generalize that a legacy wouldn't help out. When I went to Alaska last year AA wouldn't let me use my miles but after going up the chain a bit they finally allowed me to and the person was very helpful. Its all about how you approach the issue.

I guess we all speak from experience. I have had trouble with NWA and AA, and all I did was make phone calls, if I even got through to a live person (no joking here).

Approaching the issue is very correct, and if they see your a loyal customer to them (ie you with AA and SWA) they will be more lenient.

Alex

JRadier
2006-05-11, 02:22 PM

bahahahaha the penis truly mightier than the sword! ahahahahahaha

<---SO immature!
women.......... :roll:

mirrodie
2006-05-11, 06:54 PM
How dare you THRUST such vulgarities into this thread!

WN is ggood but I've had great experiences with AA as well.

We've booked AAwards with them 3 times, twice with F class awards. (But even that coach award on Qantas codshare was comparable to business class). AAwards usually have stringent rules.

So when we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon, we did JFK-LAX-OGG, and then did an open jaw, so we returned LIH-LAX-JFK, all in first class.

wow, actually, 2 years ago today was our Hawaiian flight from OGG-LIH. I digress.

But since it was an open jaw, you are not allowed a second stopover. So when we tried to, on the LIH-LAX-JFK leg, we asked them to give us 8-10 hours in LAX, they flat out said no, against the rules.

Then my aunt called AA's customer service and just explained that we were on our honeymoon. She asked if extend that layover by 10 hours so that we could "see family in LAX who could not attend the wedding."

AA did it, no problem. They've been great.