PDA

View Full Version : AirTran Begins HPN Ops

PhilDernerJr
2006-04-05, 09:55 PM
Yesterday, AirTran began ops out of Westchester County Airport with destinations to Atlanta (2 flights a day), West Palm Beach (1 flight a day) and Orlando (1 flight a day), and only had about 10 people on its first flight, which was on a 717.

AirTran bought the 4 slots from Independence Air after they died in January, and will use a 5th to add a third Atlanta flight starting June 7.

When driving south from Brewster this afternoon on 684, I saw one of the 717s depart. Weird seeing such "large" scheduled airline traffic out of HPN.

maem01
2006-04-06, 09:12 PM
And no wonder there was 10. The HPN website (http://www.westchestergov.com/airport) shows no sign or news of airtran starting a service. Its missing from the list of passenger airlines.

I e-mailed weschestergov through the website about 2 weeks ago asking where is the news about Airtran and the reply was that nothing is on the website as the service has not started yet !!!

I will try and use them from HPN as I am a Putnam resident and its so easier then LGA or JFK.

Mark E