PDA

View Full Version : Memory card question.

mirrodie
2006-04-04, 02:16 PM
yesterday, I was crossing midtown going from Long Island through to NJ and and literally ran into BH photo, left my brother in law double parked in the car..

I was hoping to get an Extreme 1 GB or 2 Gb Compact flash card.

All out of stock so I settled for the UltraII 1 Gb. So now I have three 1 Gb cards.

But I think I settled. still wanting that extremeIII 1 or 2 Gb card. I dont think B+H will take it back, even if its unopened and I am exchanging for a more expensive card.

So anyone might be interested in a sandisk Ultra2 compact flash 1 Gb card? unopened, will let it go for $55

NIKV69
2006-04-04, 03:25 PM
Mario Ebay is great for getting rid of stuff like that. If the package is unopened they should take it back or give you credit.

T-Bird76
2006-04-04, 08:50 PM
Really no reason to get the III, save your money and keep the 1 gig. IMO its better to have a series of smaller cards then to keep all your eggs in one basket. Look at it this way Mario, your going to SXM this week, you use a 2 gig for most of your pictures, the card dies or something happens to it, bye bye SXM pics. If you had your pics spread out on three cards atleast you save some. Keep it, you didn't settle.

mikephotos
2006-04-04, 09:24 PM
Really no reason to get the III, save your money and keep the 1 gig. IMO its better to have a series of smaller cards then to keep all your eggs in one basket. Look at it this way Mario, your going to SXM this week, you use a 2 gig for most of your pictures, the card dies or something happens to it, bye bye SXM pics. If you had your pics spread out on three cards atleast you save some. Keep it, you didn't settle.

The argument goes the other way also. Constantantly switching smaller cards lead to more chances of damage from bent pins, droppage and other factors. Go with the 2gig and don't look back...

Mike