PDA

View Full Version : impressions thus far

mirrodie
2006-03-28, 10:41 AM
had hte 20D since November

a bit heavy but husky and great grip.

the battery life is amazing but I should still pick up the second battery. At JFK the other day, took ~800 shots from1130 to 1630 and the batt was still full a the end of hte day.

100-400 is a great lens, still learning it

17-85 IS is hte newst acquisition...working that too.

any tips otherwise?

PhilDernerJr
2006-03-28, 08:30 PM
I say practice. Take a day with decent light that you're not shooting anything too special, and change the settings up a bit. See how your camera acts in various situations. Become one with it. :)

mirrodie
2006-03-28, 11:58 PM
may go out tomorrow.

I will use the force. I will harness its power and become one with my schwartz!

NIKV69
2006-03-29, 08:08 AM
become one with my schwartz!

Uh oh!

Mario your photography is a bad as your typing! J/K!

Your pics are pretty awesome! Like Phil said get out there and practice and try to have the sun out and behind you. Your day at JFK was a perfect example with the sun out those pics would have been so much better. The shot of the maxjet touching down is a perfect example, if the sun was right and you zoomed in a bit more you would have been GOLD. That would have been a serious shot! You know what you are doing, so just practice and good shooting conditions and you can harness the force and rule the world.

T-Bird76
2006-03-29, 10:39 AM
Mario your stuff is great, the stuff you showed me really is a great example of how aviation photography is more then just side profile here's a plane type of thing.

As Phil said its all practice. I'm a firm believer in that all machinery and electronic equipment has its own sweet spot and once you learn that sweet spot and how your equipment functions the magic happens.

LGA777
2006-03-29, 11:58 AM
Mario, I agree with the above comments as well. The key as that "Sweet Spot" with your camera and it's all about experimenting and letting your gut know what settings to use. Believe me the only way I have gotten the results I have out of my little 4 mgp Olympus point and shoot is shooting everything manually and knowing when to use what the meter says and when not to, it takes lots's of practice but the results are so worth it ! I still have plenty to learn !

Cheers

Ron Peel