PDA

View Full Version : Eos Buy One Get One Free

Matt Molnar
2006-03-15, 11:12 AM
Eos sounds a little desperate. Two commercials on WABC this morning within 30 minutes for a 48 hour buy one get one free sale. Book between today and Friday and get a free ticket. Good deal, their 7-day advance purchase fare is over $5K round trip, about $7K for their "Anytime Fare." :roll:

Ari707
2006-03-15, 11:39 AM
I heard it on WCBS 880 this morning too.
How full have their flights been?

LGA777
2006-03-15, 11:54 AM
Saw a nice EOS ad at the MetroNorth Station in my neighborhood in the Bronx yesterday. At least they are advertising and trying to get the word out !

Cheers

LGA777

mirrodie
2006-03-15, 12:13 PM
2500 per ticket is not bad, esp. w/ eos.

jakbar
2006-03-15, 12:20 PM
For $2,500 I'd want a widebody jet and a direct flight to LHR.

Ari707
2006-03-15, 12:28 PM
that's why they are having a sale....

jakbar
2006-03-15, 01:20 PM
that's why they are having a sale....

I'm saying that even at the $2,500 sale price I'd want the widebody and direct LHR flight. At the regular price of $5,000.....no way in hell!

mirrodie
2006-03-15, 01:33 PM

Well, I guess we can look forward to your own start up airline to offer the service? otherwise, it aint happening.
:lol:

As it is already business class, what is the point of a widebody if you have more room in Biz to begin with?? Whether or not its a widebody or 757 is irrelevant when you look at the real estate you are paying for in the sky. That is all a J seat is. You are getting equal space up there either way :)

just a personal preference I suppose??

anyhoo.
For April, the lowest J fares JFK-LHR are at $5700. roundtrip with AA.

With Eos, on this deal, you get a J seat better than AA's J seat and car service within 60 Km of the STN for $2500.

Personally, for me, I'd rather keep my AA status. but if I wanted a quickie over to LHR just to take advantage, I would certainly do it! its a no brainer! But SXM is slated for April...

Love to hear though it anyone does fly EOS. Im curious if anyone out there has flown both EOS and Maxjet to compare.

jakbar
2006-03-15, 02:26 PM
Whether or not its a widebody or 757 is irrelevant when you look at the real estate you are paying for in the sky.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I personally like the widebodies because they just feel much more spacious. When I'm on a long flight, I don't like being on narrowbody jets, even in first class. So, while it may be irrelevant to you, it is not irrelevant to me. I'd much rather pay a coach fare for a widebody jet than pay $2,500 for a narrowbody biz class jet.

Now, I'd consider Maxjet if the price was right...

Josh

Midnight Mike
2006-03-15, 07:14 PM

For $2,500 you are not going to get a widebody jet. I went on a business trip to London & the busines class ticket on a United 777 cost $5,000. Now flying on EOS, going 1st class for $2500 is quite a bargain.....

mirrodie
2006-03-15, 07:42 PM
because they just feel much more spacious.

it is not irrelevant to me. I'd much rather pay a coach fare for a widebody jet than pay $2,500 for a narrowbody biz class jet.

You narrowbody hater you!!! j/k

Ah, so you should have just said, its personal preference, as I thought. ;D

In fact, I'd bet that if I personally paid for your 777 economy seat on AA one way, and paid your EOS J seat coming back, (NY- London), the perception of spacious would dissolve.

C'mon, fess up now.... So you actually want me to believe that you'd PREFER coach on AA or BA, to London and back, rather than your own office cubicle of space, with enough room to lay down and relax, for half the price of normal J fares??

thats just illogical if spacious is what you seek.

For $2,500 you are not going to get a widebody jet.

And Mike, once you and Josh start that airline, I will personally invest in it, only if you fly 777s though ;)

And I want Sundaes on those flights, the Friendly Happy Ending kind.
;)

PhilDernerJr
2006-03-15, 08:04 PM
MaxJet is a completely different product, than Eos. Eos' standards of service is almost twice as good, at least from the photos I've seen and the features I've only read about.

I think two by two on a 757 when you can spread out your legs on an ottoman in the air with your own walls for privacy makes you easily forget that you're on a large narrowbody.

In addition, landing at Stansted is not like landing at Islip and going to NYC. Their rail service is speedy and efficient.

Saw a nice EOS ad at the MetroNorth Station in my neighborhood in the Bronx yesterday. At least they are advertising and trying to get the word out !

LGA777

I've got the complete set of Eos MetroNorth ads. I love those things.

mirrodie
2006-03-15, 08:47 PM
I've got the complete set of Eos MetroNorth ads. I love those things.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: You are too funny!

Tom_Turner
2006-03-15, 09:53 PM
I heard it on WCBS 880 this morning too.
How full have their flights been?

I heard it on 1010Wins.

That was the CEO right? Sounded rather young. I wondered if he was actually desperate and trying not to sound so. Put me in mind of the dot.bomb implosion.

How is EOS supposed to be pronounced anyway? I always figured E-O-S. But he almost says "Eos" as if it was a word. Is it a word?

What does EOS stand for anyway? Equal Opportunity Sex?
Empty Operating Service?

I agree though Phil - from the advertisement the service does sound nice.

Tom

T-Bird76
2006-03-15, 10:48 PM
Its a nice deal but something is certainly up at EOS. Altough they are a privately held company they have refused to release load factors and yeilds while MaxJet has. I'd rather spend less then a grand and go with MaxJet for the money its a great product.

LGA777
2006-03-15, 10:55 PM
I met the Eos CEO at the inaugural, he did seem pretty young, maybe late 30's, early 40's.

LGA777

PhilDernerJr
2006-03-15, 11:05 PM
Eos ads say some of the following phrases:

"With only 48 guests on a plane built for 220, everything changes."

"It is clear that Eos is selling international first-class travel at business-class fares. - USA Today"

"...an environment that more closely resembles a corporate jet than a business-class cabin. - The Economist"

"Eos Airlines has a better lie-flat seat than you will find on airlines now offering the best business-class products, including British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. - The New York Times"

Midnight Mike
2006-03-15, 11:18 PM
Its a nice deal but something is certainly up at EOS. Altough they are a privately held company they have refused to release load factors and yeilds while MaxJet has. I'd rather spend less then a grand and go with MaxJet for the money its a great product.

Tommy

If I am paying for the ticket, I would go with Maxjet, however, if I was going on a business trip, I would probably choose EOS.

Both are nice alternatives to other products & the prices are not bad....