PDA

View Full Version : Off to LAX-------The Recap

T-Bird76
2006-03-07, 12:49 PM
Scroll down for the recap

Well tomorrow afternoon I'll be off to LAX for a five day aviation adventure. I'm staying at the Raddison to do some spotting but while I'm in LA I'll be touring LAX tower on a tour Mike setup, visiting Mojave, visiting the Boeing store, and finally spending sometime in the 717 sim at Long Beach. Oh and of course visiting Inn and Out once or twice, lol.

mirrodie
2006-03-07, 02:16 PM
Ah yes, I love the old in and out

wink wink, nudge, nudge, eh?

Steven Holzinger
2006-03-07, 04:15 PM
Take some C-17 pictures if you can while at LGB!

Mellyrose
2006-03-07, 04:39 PM
Not from LGB....but from a beach! ;)

I took this while laying on the beach @ Ko'olina in Hawaii, when I lived there this past summer. (just a couple miles from Schofield Barracks, Hickam AFB and Kaneohe Bay)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/mellyzrose/c17fromkoolina.jpg

***Please note, this is from way before i even knew Phil existed, let alone had his camera to use. lol!***

Midnight Mike
2006-03-07, 07:45 PM
Well tomorrow afternoon I'll be off to LAX for a five day aviation adventure. I'm staying at the Raddison to do some spotting but while I'm in LA I'll be touring LAX tower on a tour Mike setup, visiting Mojave, visiting the Boeing store, and finally spending sometime in the 717 sim at Long Beach. Oh and of course visiting Inn and Out once or twice, lol.

Oh gawd, the foamer is coming back to Long Beach!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Joke%20Photos/nowai2en.jpg

PhilDernerJr
2006-03-09, 10:43 PM
So we all need to beat the ****ing piss out of Tommy upon his return.

Today alone, LAX has received:

Trump
707 N88ZL
Pink Song
AA 757 w/winglets (I heard him yell "Winglets!" from here)
Dreamliner

And these are only the ones that he told me about in text messages while I sat at my desk all day. ****er.

T-Bird76
2006-03-10, 02:19 AM
Besides those nice little birds I did 2 hours in the Boeing 717 Sim!!!! God it was ****ing better then SEX!!!!! We did the Expressway visual to 31 at LGA, the Canarsi approach at JFK, an engine fire and failure at lift off, holy **** that was hard bringing her back in and all sorts of other good stuff in the sim!!!! Off to the Boeing Store tomorrow!!! My credit card is already warming up. Got LAX tower to tomorrow and then Mojave with Andrew on Sat, rain or shine I'm doing Mojave. LAX is such a playground!!!

Mario I got your chains, ahahaha :wink:

As for the above birds, can't get a pic of the 707 or Trump, but the others I got, Lots of U.S Airways in new colors out here. Clouds tomorrow but I'll work with it, just being out here is cool enough!!!

Midnight Mike
2006-03-10, 07:49 AM
So we all need to beat the ****ing piss out of Tommy upon his return.

Today alone, LAX has received:

Trump
707 N88ZL
Pink Song
AA 757 w/winglets (I heard him yell "Winglets!" from here)
Dreamliner

And these are only the ones that he told me about in text messages while I sat at my desk all day. ****er.

Phil

Wait until you see the pictures that Tommy will take from LAX tomorrow, you are going to crap your pants.....

mirrodie
2006-03-10, 10:32 AM
rain or shineI'm doing Mojave.

Mojave has RAIN???

Mario I got your chains,

dammit Tom, no one is supposed to know about the chains. The whips, fine, but not the chains!

T-Bird76
2006-03-12, 11:33 PM
Well with my trip coming to a close I have to say this was the most amazing five days of spotting. LAX is just fantastic; the entire region of SoCal is a playground for spotters. Even today LAX surprised us by sending most of the north departure traffic over to the Southside, this allowed us to get allot of Alaska, Southwest, America West, and Northwest departures. I ran into Andy Martin of Air Team Images on Friday and we spotted today, I must say he's a wonderful fellow and I really enjoyed spotting with him. I also must pay special thanks to both Midnight Mike and Andrew (Phil knows Andrew) for their amazing hospitality and generosity!

So just a quick recap of what I captured with the camera the past five days beside what we saw at Mojave......

LOWA 707 (got her in the snow at Mojave)
Raytheon 727
Champion Air 727
Gov't DC-9 (had some funky nose on it)
Pink Song
Dreamliner
ATI DC-8
Triple Crown One
UAL 747 in new colors (very hot plane)
One of only four original Jap Zero's still flying today
NWA 742
Wunala, twice
Redskins Global Express
AA 757 with winglets, twice
DC-3
Lufthansa A340 with Soocer nose
A ton of U.S Airway new color 320s and 319s
Lockheed Jetstar biz jet. Perhaps my favorite pic of the trip.
BBJ at LAX
Private 767 at LAX (same on that was at LGA two months back)
Air China cargo, (not China Air Cargo)
Lastly some fantastic overviews of LAX from a very special place at LAX

Pictures will come in time, I'm home for one day and then I'm off to the Midwest for a few days on biz. I'll try to post some Friday after I get home from my biz trip.