PDA

View Full Version : A french spotter coming soon at NY ;)

Sierra Charlie
2006-02-27, 01:02 PM
Hello !

First of all, I've been reading the forum for some hours, looking at some pictures you took and I have to tell you that I have been impressed by some of them in the posts we can find in this forum !

Well let me introduce myself : My name's Raphael Brakha. I'm 21 and I'm a french spotter from Paris, and especially on Charles de Gaulle and Orly. You can find some pics of mine on A.net, more on planepictures.net (only 5 on Jetphotos lol... I'm new :p) and on my own website. If I come here, it's because I'm about to leave Paris for one month to go to New York as a tourist (I fly on Wednesday). I've planned to visit the city of course but maybe have some spotting days around New York airports.

I had the URL of the website associated to the forum by T-Bird76 (I guess...) and I had all (or the most ) the information about LGA to go spotting there, but not about JFK. I won't have any car there. But can you confirm that Subway A can bring you close to the Mott Avenue spotting place (Point D on the map of your website) and from here you can take the Q113 which can bring you to the B and C spotting places on your map ?

Well... Thank you for the information and I hope to see you during my trip ! ;)

Raphael

P.S : I'm sorry for my English... It is well known that french people aren't good English speaker ! :D

T-Bird76
2006-02-27, 01:35 PM
Hi Raphael its T-Bird from Jp.net who you messaged, I'm T-Bird here to! I like the name, lol. Are you coming to NY this week? If so I'd be more then happy to take you spotting at JFK this weekend. The weather so far this weekend looks good, a bit cold so bring something warm but sunny. I'm sure some other guys will be out as well. You can PM, if I'm slow at responding its because I'm traveling for work over the next few days but will def get back to you before the weekend. Where are you staying btw? If your staying in Manhattan you may want to take the Long Island Rail Road to the Jamaica station then take the AirTrain to JFK and I can meet you at one of the terminals and we can go from there.

Sierra Charlie
2006-02-27, 01:58 PM
Well, I'll fly on Wednesday, arrive in a 777-200 of Air France at 06:20 normally. If someone can take a picture of my aircraft ;)

I'll live in Brooklin, between Jefferson Street and Myrtle Av. so I can take L, J and Z subway lines to join Jamaica Center ;) But I don't know if I would be up to spot so quickly... However, if I decide to change my mind, I'll be pleased to let you a private mail ;)

Thank you very much !

Raph

Sierra Charlie
2006-02-28, 01:15 PM
I just want to know if it's possible to have the runways in use before leaving the house with ATIS or anything else on the Internet ?

Thank you...

Raph

Futterman
2006-02-28, 02:22 PM
Hey Ralph, welcome to New York (well, at least when you get here!).

As for knowing what the active runways are, you can actually call ATIS on the phone and listen to the prerecorded message. Find a payphone or use your hotel room's phone and...

For JFK, dial 1-718-995-8188
For LGA, dial 1-718-478-6070

Like Tommy, I may be out this weeked for at least a few hours, so keep us updated on when and where you'll be heading out so we can try to have a crew out there to greet you.

Take care,

Brian